Is it a cheater switch and do you use it?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The super steep, super techy stuff is where good, fully active rear suspension really shines. Its ability to smooth the power delivery just enough to give you more traction can make the difference between clearing an obstacle and having a dab. Of course, you've got to know how to use that suspension travel and proper low gearing is essential. Its not a magic bullet and will not make up for lack of talent.

The track I posted about is an example of where a 14+kg 140mm/160mm travel bike with a fully active/open rear shock should be a real boat anchor, but the reality is quite different.

moorey

call me Mia
On the odd time I’ll tackle a really technical climb...like Junction rocky section at You Yangs in reverse...no bike will get my further without dabs than the Spitfire. Ridden more travel, same travel and less travel bikes, and haven’t gone close. I confess to be a suspension Gumby, but something just works on it.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The Bronson goes as fast or faster up tech stuff than the Fuel did. It was always tempting to hit full granny on the Trek 2x so that would explain some of the gains, I am forced to move quicker by the gearing. It definitely likes powering through ruff stuff more than the Trek.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I had the previous generation Strive and the Shapeshifter was great. The new one is even better, so would recommend.