Is the Minion DHF too much tyre for me?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I've run DHF, HR2 and Michelin Wild AM on the front in a wide range of conditions.
DHF was totally dependable and predictable.

HR2 let go too many times and caused mild injuries. It would just slide without warning. No doubt some of it was the hack holding on to the bars, not the tyre...but confidence was effected. Never again.

Michelin was even better than the DHF. It just hung-on no matter what.
If my new bike arrives before I'm too old to ride it, I'm gonna fit Michelins f/r.

Sorry I can't offer anything about rolling resistance or weight but when it comes to the front wheel I only care about grip.

Lots of peeps rate the HansDampf as a great all rounder on the front...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Rode the HR's before and now riding the Onza Ibex which are similar, so new to Minions both ends.
I'm running the Ibex on the rear of the dually at the moment and am pretty happy with it. It's just the 2.25, but nice grip and good traction on the climbs on the loose stuff at the Youies.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I've run DHF, HR2 and Michelin Wild AM on the front in a wide range of conditions.
DHF was totally dependable and predictable.

HR2 let go too many times and caused mild injuries. It would just slide without warning. No doubt some of it was the hack holding on to the bars, not the tyre...but confidence was effected. Never again.

Michelin was even better than the DHF. It just hung-on no matter what.
If my new bike arrives before I'm too old to ride it, I'm gonna fit Michelins f/r.
My experience with those 3 was exactly the same, Michelins f/r for me too from now on.

(Bonus, the Wild AM rolls faster than the other two and sizes up closer to the width stated on the sidewall).