If you want to Ride Kowen/Sparrow now is the time

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Any chance we could knock it back a peg to 4?

...., I ask from the pint of my Wig and Pen IPA :biggrin1:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Thats good to see.

Rode Stromlo today and there has been even more work done there to dumb down the trails... When I came to Canberra 5 years ago Stromlo was pretty hard to ride, with heaps of rock gardens on the way up in particular. It was a challenge and good fun. Every year more of them have been filled in...

Makes keeping the Kowen trails and more like it more important!!!

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Thats good to see.

Rode Stromlo today and there has been even more work done there to dumb down the trails... When I came to Canberra 5 years ago Stromlo was pretty hard to ride, with heaps of rock gardens on the way up in particular. It was a challenge and good fun. Every year more of them have been filled in...

Makes keeping the Kowen trails and more like it more important!!!
Yep, rode there on Thursday after a bit of a spell and was surprised at the level of "trail maintenance" that has happened on the front trails.

Still good fun but you really need to get over the back of Stromlo these days to find many rocks.

Then went out to Kowen on saturday and wow those trails are in great condition at the moment!! Massive Kudos to the fairies who have recently tidied up (without dumbing down) the likes of rolling thunder, rhomper, big wednesday etc.

Last edited:

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Yep, rode there on Thursday after a bit of a spell and was surprised at the level of "trail maintenance" that has happened on the front trails.

Still good fun but you really need to get over the back of Stromlo these days to find many rocks.

Then went out to Kowen on saturday and wow those trails are in great condition at the moment!! Massive Kudos to the fairies who have recently tidied up (without dumbing down) the likes of rolling thunder, rhomper, big wednesday etc.
Trail Fairies Nathan Carroll and Paul Cole have been blowing off needles and manicuring the lawns...

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Anyone here who was involved with CORC or in the last Issacs trail process have any info on this? Anyone know if CORC has any interest in pushing for more trails at this point?
Kowalski's are currently building secret single track at an undisclosed location is the only trail building I am aware of

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Nope. Somewhere else.
Spent a bit of time sifting through the Kowalski Facebook posts and images. Noticed some clues, made an educated guess and went for a little explore this morning.

Pretty confident I have found the new location, and there is some seriously nice terrain and views there. This could make Sparrow and Kowen look very much like the entreé to a very nice main course...

ACT Parks signs have some little mtb icons on their sign posts that look like they haven't been there long...

Secret.jpg

When is the next build day @Kowalski Brothers? This looks potentially very exciting.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
A bit of a wait still I reckon going by what i've seen. Hopefully there'll be some build days coming up as I'd like to pitch in.