XC It’s got to start somewhere.. it’s finished. Pics post #26

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or get a threadedd PF30 BB...... I'd save yourself the creaking and do it now
So it is a bb92... these bb standards are doing my head in. Even the mechanic who installed it has advised that it will prob creak eventually.

What converter do I use to make it threaded ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So it is a bb92... these bb standards are doing my head in. Even the mechanic who installed it has advised that it will prob creak eventually.

What converter do I use to make it threaded ?

Hope PF41
http://www.hopetech.com/product/press-fit/

J E James had the best deals on them and the fitting tool. Your lbs might have the tool already or I have the tool if you are in Sydney.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
When a threaded press fit bb is the best option, there is something wrong with the problem ! Lol.

Press fit is the work of the devil, and Trek. Actually that's superfluous.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it has been finished. Full update will follow shortly.,

Here are a couple of bad pics as a tease.!

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Geez that frame looks like one of the 25th anniversary GT Zaskars. Stunning paint job though.

You need to get some nice aqua stickers for the boingy bits out front ;)

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here are a few pics once it actually ventured out into the sunlight for the first time.

The front end is way taller than the previous hardtail, entirely due to the longer 120mm fork, previously was using a 100mm fork.

Options are remove top cap and replace with thinner one, negative rise stem, and , or using a 100 cartridge in this fork. Can anyone confirm this? The fork leg has the sag adjustments for 80,100 and 120 mm travel already there.

Anyway here’s to more riding !!

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your current stem seems to have a bit of rise to it - can you just turn it upside down?
Pictures are deceiving. its a zero rise !! Syntace make a flat low stem which i like, but a neg rise stem may be the go. Alternatively, service and lower fork at the same time.!! Bars will get cut down 5mm each side and see how that feels. Roll them back a smidge..