It's black like all the others, Wife won't notice.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah but The Internet keeps coming back with "Wow, this thing climbs way better than I expected..."
.... so it must be true, right?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
High Roller II's front and rear!!!

In recent news:
Corners everywhere calling 000 for a spree of recent assault. Police asking members of the public to come forward with any information.
Won't have to look too far with that boat anchor rear.....

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Won't have to look to far with that boat anchor rear.....
What!? that's crazy talk.

HR2's are an awesome tyre, while they don't roll as nice as say an ardent, a bit of drag is worthwhile for an tyre that actually performs. HR2 rolls better than a shorty, Mary, DHF or DHR2, not as good as an SS or razor, but I have prioritized traction and braking over rolling, and loose over hardpack.

Bike does climb surprisingly well, better than a Nomad 3 or Rune V2, but it aint no XC or trail bike. I have LSC lever on the DHX2 but i tend to never use lockout options. The good climbing characteristics are due to the 100% antisquat, and a lot of progression in the rear. Which also results in a pretty nice 'poppy' ride. However, I think this comes at the expense of pure plushness, the DHX2 is not as plush as I expected, the slayer would be awful with the stock rockshox RT shock I imagine. Maybe not having a magic carpet ride is more so not having the suspension dialed yet? although I am ultimately willing to trade some plushness for pop and good pedaling characteristics.

Mywifesirrational

They make a very attractive bike. Have you got fist or dildo sticker for the down tube yet? What if some machines you a seat collar shaped like a puckered pair of lips?
I have a red butt plug I'll run on the handle bars for shuttle days, always a great ice breaker. And very interesting to see which people know what it is at a glance.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Bloody nice rig. Good work!

Tell us more about the Yari. Is this something anyone can do? Any year model?

Mywifesirrational

Bloody nice rig. Good work!

Tell us more about the Yari. Is this something anyone can do? Any year model?
An older Lyrik (2013 I think) 170 shaft rod and base plate, + a ti coil from an older Van fork. Seems to work alright in garage, need to confirm on the MTBR forums. I don't currently have the small bottom out spring in there (sits between base plate and the plate that holds the spring), might be a 180mm coil , hence no room. Not willing to pay 389 USD for the push kit, ridiculously over priced.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are really only three things that change how a bike climbs.
- How fit you are.
- How comfortable you feel on the bike.
- How much they paid for the reviewer to say it.​
- how fit you are
- total mass (rider + bike)
- tyre rolling resistance

...and how much the company paid the reviewer

Slayer is a sick bike. From memory the video they put out on its release is a damn good one too. Might have to look it up again...

teK--

Eats Squid
Wait did you buy this as a complete bike and pretty much swap everything out, or did you buy frame only??

Mywifesirrational

Wait did you buy this as a complete bike and pretty much swap everything out, or did you buy frame only??
Yeah I bought a complete C30 (did I mention the horrendous spec for a 6kRRP! :), I may have ). Pulled everything off off prior to riding it, and threw my bits on. The only things I have kept are the frame, fork (debonair yari - just pondering what damper to throw in), headset and the WTB volt saddle. Hadn't used a volt before so I was curious to try one, very comfortable saddle, not too heavy, narrow enough not to get snagged when getting behind it, will be keeping it.

Crazy thing is, the frame only option is 5700RRP with an X2, and I paid less complete with a DHX2, once I flog all the bits off will be a realitively cheap build per the quality of overall parts.

So far I am very impressed with the bike, by far the best bike I have ridden, as in just getting on and riding it, pedals great, poppy, no weird handling traits, doesn't feel as plush as my Nomad V3 with a coil, but the faster you hit shit doesn't seem to make a difference in how the bike feels. Still well under it limits. NO buyers remorse - where as the N3 I went over the bars in a big way in the frst rock garden, the VVP I found was a bit temperamental to having it set up good.

Didn't you just by a c50/70? noticed that on MTBR (if it is you), and if so, you have wonderful taste in bikes!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah I bought a complete C30 (did I mention the horrendous spec for a 6kRRP! :), I may have ). Pulled everything off off prior to riding it, and threw my bits on. The only things I have kept are the frame, fork (debonair yari - just pondering what damper to throw in), headset and the WTB volt saddle. Hadn't used a volt before so I was curious to try one, very comfortable saddle, not too heavy, narrow enough not to get snagged when getting behind it, will be keeping it.

Crazy thing is, the frame only option is 5700RRP with an X2, and I paid less complete with a DHX2, once I flog all the bits off will be a realitively cheap build per the quality of overall parts.

So far I am very impressed with the bike, by far the best bike I have ridden, as in just getting on and riding it, pedals great, poppy, no weird handling traits, doesn't feel as plush as my Nomad V3 with a coil, but the faster you hit shit doesn't seem to make a difference in how the bike feels. Still well under it limits. NO buyers remorse - where as the N3 I went over the bars in a big way in the frst rock garden, the VVP I found was a bit temperamental to having it set up good.

Didn't you just by a c50/70? noticed that on MTBR (if it is you), and if so, you have wonderful taste in bikes!
Avalanche! Avalanche! Avalanche!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mywifesirrational

Avalanche! Avalanche! Avalanche!

Its certainly on the short list as the gold standard, also eyeing off fast suspension from NSD. some where around 650 for the avalanache - however I have never heard a single complaint about performance.

teK--

Eats Squid

Yeah I gotta say the C30 is pretty good value if you are going to strip it for parts and do your own build; the frame only options are grossly overpriced in comparison.

It does astound me how much OEMs must purchase parts for, but it does explain why their frame-only options are so expensive.

In answer to your question about a new Yari damper... Avalanche ;) I ran one on an old Fox 34 and it is sublime.

Yeah that is my C70 on mtbr; I just set up a PYR thread here!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Its certainly on the short list as the gold standard, also eyeing off fast suspension from NSD. some where around 650 for the avalanache - however I have never heard a single complaint about performance.
In my biased opinion, the step up to an Avalanche from a Fox 36 rc2 is similar to the step up from a motion control Yari to the rc2. It really is that noticeable.

I suspect the Fast would perform similarly to the rc2. Where I really notice the difference with the Avalanche is the midvalve and the blow off to the high speed circuit.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How did I miss this thread.. Beautiful bike right there! Looks awesome all blacked out.

Still loving mine almost 2 years on! Best bikes

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with you on the same colour frames being the secret to marital bliss.

These slayers are a work of art.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk