Ivanhoe dirt jumps need few seconds of your time

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
If everyone could please sign this petition it would be great, the owner of the jumps has put 10 months work into them and they are going to get dozed. They are amazing and deserve to stay

There will be a ride day as a last remembrance thing on this Saturday and Sunday, I'd link the event but it is an invite only to view it, here is the info

After keeping my trails quite secret for 10 months of solid digging mostly myself. I'm afraid the council want to flatten them in little over 2 weeks.
Please come & enjoy what I have crated before it comes to an end.
It will be a Saturday & Sunday event.

These are trails not dirt jumps so they are technical & will test you so if you haven't practiced jumping elsewhere you might find them hard please be careful & wear a helmet.
Also take care of the area and take you're rubbish with you :D Cheers ;D

There is adequate parking at the Tennis court opposite side (city side) of Burke Rd (entrance from The Boulevard). Also for Jimmy Jolly & my mate who brings the boom box bike park at top of the hill in "Gruyere Crescent" where the picture I've posted insists. Cheers.

Follow the creek along the path on the north side of the river until you're deep deep in a small bike path until you come to a T junction where a massive tree has fallen. Turn right. I'll be enjoying the last moments with friends inside. Thanks.

This is them
View attachment 278486View attachment 278487View attachment 278488View attachment 278489
View attachment 278490

As you can see these jumps aren't viciously attacking anyone so they don't deserve to be put down

Even if you have never heard of these jumps if you could sign it would be great. It only takes a few seconds to save about 25,920,000 seconds of work.
http://bmxnet.me/australia-victoria-help-save-the-ivanhoe-trails/

Thanks.

Craig Penglase

Likes Bikes
Hey sorry to hear, my daughter and I popped in and saw you a couple of weeks back, awesome work and presented safe and clean, I hope the council show some heart and let's them stay

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
I met Adam a month or two ago. I feel sorry for him and all those who put in the huge amount of time that has obviously gone into the jumps.

I happy to sign your petition but realistically give you zero hope of changing the councils mind. Once this is documented that they know about the jumps I think there is no way they will leave them - as I believe it will be deemed by the council as a huge risk for them - and probably worse now that they have made the decision to doze them if they were to then change their mind again and not do it. (Imagine that someone injures themselves and the council gets sued and they say oh yeah we were going to doze them but decided not to cause we had a petition... sorry but I give u sweet FA chance you are going to change their mind).

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
I met Adam a month or two ago. I feel sorry for him and all those who put in the huge amount of time that has obviously gone into the jumps.

I happy to sign your petition but realistically give you zero hope of changing the councils mind. Once this is documented that they know about the jumps I think there is no way they will leave them - as I believe it will be deemed by the council as a huge risk for them - and probably worse now that they have made the decision to doze them if they were to then change their mind again and not do it. (Imagine that someone injures themselves and the council gets sued and they say oh yeah we were going to doze them but decided not to cause we had a petition... sorry but I give u sweet FA chance you are going to change their mind).
I don't see why the council can't take ownership of them, then whats the difference between these and a skatepark?

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't see why the council can't take ownership of them, then whats the difference between these and a skatepark?
Precisely.

The main difference (from speaking to insurers) is that there's no recognized Australian Standard for building dirt jumps. We're working on fixing that problem, but it takes time...

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
the difference is the council normal make a strategy, do a risk assessment, pick a site, do some planning, lalala, some consultation, lalala then go ahead a build a skate park etc. they dont just one day wake up and go oh there is a new skate park we found which got build on the edgy of the yarra - cool ...

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wish the council would put some funding in the council trails next to the tennis courts.

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Link this to the yarra trails regulars thread http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?204713-Yarra-Trails-regulars. I expect, like me, they have all been past this a thousand times. Everyone stops to admire the amount of work that has gone in. Still never seen anyone hitting them...
They've been under construction for quite a while, I'm guessing that's why. Plus they are hidden so I highly doubt your average yarra regular has seen them. You need to actually enter the place to see the jumps you can't see them if you ride past

Unless you mean the shitty ones, no one rides them probably because they are shitty

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, past the tennis courts heading upstream, through the gate, right, & right again?

Nope, no one else has noticed these.

Keen to come & see someone hitting them this weekend though.

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
So, past the tennis courts heading upstream, through the gate, right, & right again?

Nope, no one else has noticed these.

Keen to come & see someone hitting them this weekend though.
They aren't as easy to see as you described, not that many people would be riding past it and see it. Lots of trees everywhere

atschool

Likes Bikes

Actually, in a previous incarnation of the jumps, the council unofficially approved of them under the proviso that the there were some jumps that more beginner riders could hit (tabletops basically) and that the digger helped fix up the council jumps near the tennis courts (which never seemed to happen).

Like others have said, they don't really seem to get hit much, if at all. Lines have been built and then changed with very little evidence of use that would justify all the hard work put in. To be honest, I don't think the builder has done himself any favours by basically only building big lines and then putting chains across the run-ins - not a great way to get the support of either the council or the more intermediate riders who probably preferred it when the jumps were like this

For what it's worth, I have signed the petition and hope the jumps do stay. It's been a tough time for DJs in Melbourne recently with the dozing of Croydon, dumbing down of H.E. trails and now this.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
They aren't as easy to see as you described, not that many people would be riding past it and see it. Lots of trees everywhere
sorry L3onnoel but most Yarra Regs know about these jumps. We all used to spin them until they were turned into gaps and hips- too much for me and the majority of mere mortals. I have met some of the diggers and have always been in awe of the work done there. Remember the jumps about 20 metres to the north from there years ago?

Sorry to hear that they are going

Seen many tiger snakes there over the years?

Last edited:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Man that's cool how everyone is just standing around looking at the jumps.
Respect to anyone who can ride it but maybe if you had made it a little more user friendly they could stay. I think the councils issue would be the make it or die style of the track. They know that kids have been killed on similar tracks and are trying to minimize their liability.
Sounds like you were warned and failed to follow their instructions.