Jacob Broadhead - Possums, 7th of November '09

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Trust me, you never get that feeling. I nerly threw my computer at the wall about 235264263473475344624 times during the uploading of BMaS.
Well you obviously know my frustration and just how hard it is to get the settings right.
To the likes of tono. and blakie49, have you ever tried to export a project with files the size of AVCHD, and tried to compress them as small as possible without loosing a heck of a lot of quality?
If so, I'm sure you know just how annoying it can be when those settings turn out incorrect. If not, to put it lightly, shut up.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well you obviously know my frustration and just how hard it is to get the settings right.
To the likes of tono. and blakie49, have you ever tried to export a project with files the size of AVCHD, and tried to compress them as small as possible without loosing a heck of a lot of quality?
If so, I'm sure you know just how annoying it can be when those settings turn out incorrect. If not, to put it lightly, shut up.
Yes i have and its a bitch aye?
Takes me about 10 goes to get vimeo to like me again.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
What are your export settings Tye?

Shut up Reece, I usually lend a helping hand to Tye and a few others.
But Tye didn't think before he pre-posted. It was dumn.
I am currently uploading a file to vimeo with these export settings:
File Type: H.264 Blu-ray
Frame size: 1280x720
FPS: 50
Duration: 1 min, 55 seconds
File size 214.2 MB

*keep in mind this is my 4th go today*

Maurice.

Banned
Bang, there is your probelm

Fuck blu-ray off
make it 25 PAL
and MP4

then it should be like 35mb or something

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
I am currently uploading a file to vimeo with these export settings:
File Type: H.264 Blu-ray
Frame size: 1280x720
FPS: 50
Duration: 1 min, 55 seconds
File size 214.2 MB

*keep in mind this is my 4th go today*
why 50fps, vimeo had to convert the 50fps. are you exporting in progressive?
I did a test of vimeo just then, 2 and a half minute video in standard def (iPhone resolution) and it took about 30mins to upload and convert.
Team Tomac Ep2 Progress video.

My HD upload settings are;
h.264 (Youtube HD preset)
1280x720
25p
4000mbps?

your file size is way to large, a 15min HD video for me is 450mb.

Mitch.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
why 50fps, vimeo had to convert the 50fps. are you exporting in progressive?
I did a test of vimeo just then, 2 and a half minute video in standard def (iPhone resolution) and it took about 30mins to upload and convert.
Team Tomac Ep2 Progress video.

My HD upload settings are;
h.264 (Youtube HD preset)
1280x720
25p
4000mbps?

your file size is way to large, a 15min HD video for me is 450mb.

Mitch.
Remember, my internet is basic broadband.
Should I also be cancelling that upload and trying something else?

Maurice.

Banned
why cant you just choose HD 720p 25 as MP4, tht'd be relatively small.?
Sucks ass to say the least. Wb that Adobe Media Encoder? wouldn't that help your cause?

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
geez mitch read Video makers, the sales rep told him canon are getting rid of tape.:rolleyes:
haha, they have been getting rid of tape for a long time.
Its because all the consumers don't want annoying tapes not realizing that the SD and HDD cameras are basically useless once you start editing.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, they have been getting rid of tape for a long time.
Its because all the consumers don't want annoying tapes not realizing that the SD and HDD cameras are basically useless once you start editing.
Agreed, why did they just release a HV40 (taking over it's precedent; HV20, HV30) which uses tape..... it's not a dead end yet.

Kenbla downhill; as for your settings, sorry I have no idea. Hope it all works out, I remember spending about two weeks trying to find the right settings for my hv30 on adobe premier a while back. JUst got FCP7 which is totally confusing and new at the moment. It's gonna be along night, I'm determined to get this title right. Finally.... I have some cool stuff to do with titles. Good luck with your uploading.. look forward to the video mate.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm I wonder if you still think my information about AVCHD camera's is quote: "shit"...have fun.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Trust me, you never get that feeling. I nerly threw my computer at the wall about 235264263473475344624 times during the uploading of BMaS.
Not that bad, i got frustrated making my Yr 12 video, the night before the big showcasing it crashed and I lost 9 hours of work. I slammed my fists on my laptop and bent the alluminium shell, CDs couldn't go in or out. FML