Jai and Michael Ride Bikes... in HD

themightypen

Likes Dirt
So, its been a while since I've made a video, so I went out with a Michael and Jai to film, really stoked with how it turned out!

Enjoy :)

[video=vimeo;13073617]http://www.vimeo.com/13073617[/video]

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice film man ! Well put together..
Nice trails too..

Miss riding with you boyz. I should come out with Cotton for a Session :)
Calo

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
That was really good. The only thing is the song got a little annoying but its all good.
Good edit.
Good riding.
Good Filming.

Keep it up mate.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Suave edit there Tom!
Only thing that I realy didn't like was the song, everything else was sick!
It just got a bit repeatitive and irritating to listen to, but hey, you can't please everyone I suppose.

themightypen

Likes Dirt
Suave edit there Tom!
It just got a bit repeatitive and irritating to listen to, but hey, you can't please everyone I suppose.

sort of agree there ty and i saw this coming, i really struggled with song choice for this one, it starts getting hard with an increasingly larger itunes library, but i liked the beat and sound of the song (until the screaming starts). It was also difficult for me to figure out how well the music matched due to my horribly slow computer but i coped

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
sort of agree there ty and i saw this coming, i really struggled with song choice for this one, it starts getting hard with an increasingly larger itunes library, but i liked the beat and sound of the song (until the screaming starts). It was also difficult for me to figure out how well the music matched due to my horribly slow computer but i coped
Yeah, it's hard to edit and cut when the footage lags, understand what you mean perfectly.
How much RAM do you have? When editing with full-HD you optimaly want to have 4GB+ of RAM. It doesn't cost that much to upgrade now-a-days though.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Nice Tom. I didn't mind the music. Certainly didn't distract from the clip and riding. Was it all filmed at the one location or multiple locations?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Yeah, it's hard to edit and cut when the footage lags, understand what you mean perfectly.
How much RAM do you have? When editing with full-HD you optimaly want to have 4GB+ of RAM. It doesn't cost that much to upgrade now-a-days though.
Depends if you're running 32bit or 64bit Windows. If you're running 32bit, the max you can put in is 4gb.

themightypen

Likes Dirt
this was filmed at three secret tracks, and the doongalla jumps and i am running 2gb of ram on a 32bit system, im too povo to upgrade cos i spend too much on bikes

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Wicked!

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through (screw you internet cap!) and for some reason vimeo always takes ages to load for me so I haven't got to the screaming yet. I thought it was a good song choice, I'll edit if I think otherwise later, as you often hear too much mainstream crap attached to riding clips.

IMO this is nicely done. I love natural sound too but to anyone not there I guess the memories aren't restored with the sound so isn't as good, hence why most have a song instead of nothing.

edit: Are they both on Trek's?

Last edited:

themightypen

Likes Dirt
Wicked!

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through (screw you internet cap!) and for some reason vimeo always takes ages to load for me so I haven't got to the screaming yet. I thought it was a good song choice, I'll edit if I think otherwise later, as you often hear too much mainstream crap attached to riding clips.

IMO this is nicely done. I love natural sound too but to anyone not there I guess the memories aren't restored with the sound so isn't as good, hence why most have a song instead of nothing.

edit: Are they both on Trek's?
they are both on treks, jai is on a newer one,

i too like natural sound, i even had a rode video mike, but decided a song would help it flow better, plus i forgot to turn on the microphone with some shots :p

Suave edit there Tom!
Welcome to the world of popular music. ;)

All jokes aside, its a very nice video, but the only thing i thought about it, (and this may just be a person opinion) but i just thought it was a bit overloaded with shots where the camera pan's across (i think thats how to describe it), they do look good, but in moderation. :)
But apart from that it is a very well edited vid, and not to mention some sweeet riding :cool: