Jet Black 24 Hours 2011

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Taking part in my first 24 hour in a team of 3 as this race. We've not done one before so unsure what to bring along other than the usual things we take along when doing day races.

In terms of the transistion area etc I'm assuming we'll need a a shelter to hang around in during the race, do we just set this up when we get there in a defined area ?
The packing list in the fools guide ( see my sig) should get you started

-andrew

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
In terms of the transistion area etc I'm assuming we'll need a a shelter to hang around in during the race, do we just set this up when we get there in a defined area ?
Camping is right next to the main event/transition area. There will be a dedicated transition zone, but you can transition at your tent as well.

On another note - we just received 60 bottles of Jimmy Jack wine from James Estate to give away during the race and at presentation. Just to make sure that it is good we drank a bottle - now how good is that service to you guys :cool:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear Martin/Julianne

A prolonged virus has rule me out of a Solo 24 (mind you I've never followed the doctors orders to reduce riding before - so I don't know why I'm following the advice this time)

How would I go about switching to the 6+6? (oh joy I get to use the comfy cabin I booked for my pit crew :D)

Although I'm utterly disappointed not to be in for the long haul, I am finally going to see the vaunted evented centre during a race :D!!!!

-Andrew

trailburner

Dear Martin/Julianne

A prolonged virus has rule me out of a Solo 24 (mind you I've never followed the doctors orders to reduce riding before - so I don't know why I'm following the advice this time)

How would I go about switching to the 6+6? (oh joy I get to use the comfy cabin I booked for my pit crew :D)

Although I'm utterly disappointed not to be in for the long haul, I am finally going to see the vaunted evented centre during a race :D!!!!

-Andrew
Hi Andrew,
No problems at all switching your category. Just send me an email with the details please and I will add it to our "changes" list. 6+6 will be fun (and hard) too - don't worry :)

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Got my team entry in the 6+6 :) should be a good fun race and weekend :)

In a team of 3 and 2 are beginners to racing.

so looking forward to it..

trailburner

Am I jinxing things if I say that the weather forecast is actually quite good for next weekend? The track is in tip-top shape, bridges have been reibuilt and we are ready to rock and roll!

Marathon photos will take pictures of you again.
Juliane has organised a Tupper-party with a % going to the Pedal4Pierce charity.
We will make a film about the event so please don't be shy when you get asked some questions.

There are still plenty of spots available but you have to register before Wednesday 9pm which is when we close registrations.

See you at the WSMTB 4 hour this Sunday and then at the 24 the weekend after.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just saw 41 degrees forecast for Wiso next weekend... I can't believe I'm about to say this (having raced last year) but... god let there be rain! (somebody will die on the climb if its 41 degrees! unless somebody errects some shade shelters;)

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
If any of you out there are looking for a cabin, my brother is trying to offload his (we had to pull out at the last minute). I think it is one of the riverside ones, but can confirm that.

Anyway, if any of you are interested in taking over the cabin, PM me your details and I will pass you onto my brother to sort it out.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gee's dude...PRW = pre race withdrawal.......well known....!
I'd just call that a DNS... but I see the distinction i.e. decision before the race as opposed to a no-show on race day

in any case, dont do it! I've been sick as a %$^ing dog for a month (im only just shifting whatever virusy/fluy/bug it was now) and have traded in a Solo for some 6+6 fun: i'll push myself to ride the full 6 hours on Saturday, whatever on track mischief I get up to on the Sunday is just a bonus

on a more important note. What are our chances of getting TV coverage of the T20 Big Bash Final on the Saturday night?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm interesting. So the definition of masculinity is being able to ride a bike for long periods of time, where here I was thinking it was about testicles. Anyway off to tell the wife that she needs to man up next weekend. Solo or nuthin from now on.

trailburner

Just a reminder: Registration will remain open until Wednesday 9pm

Weather forecast: DRY (!) and hot.

We got water spray guns, icepacks, Verofit electrolyte drink specials, river and pool waiting for you.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm interesting. So the definition of masculinity is being able to ride a bike for long periods of time, where here I was thinking it was about testicles. Anyway off to tell the wife that she needs to man up next weekend. Solo or nuthin from now on.
Sorry dude, just taking the piss. Anybody who goes up that climb in the heat that is forecast deserves a medal.

Just a reminder: Registration will remain open until Wednesday 9pm

Weather forecast: DRY (!) and hot.

We got water spray guns, icepacks, Verofit electrolyte drink specials, river and pool waiting for you.
Hey Martin/Julianne,

I presume you guys are getting your forecast info from the Bureau of Meteorology (Sp?) or similar and thus have better information than me - the TV weather report suggested 43 degrees was a real possibility somewhere in that general area - if these temps start pushing well past there, will the plug get pulled?

It'd be fascinating and scary at the same time to see the likes of English, Blankenstein, Taylor and Swain etc. duking it out while playing chicken with heatstroke:eek:

If the mercury tops 45 you'll find me and most of the other competitors in the pool/river :p