Jindabine in the latest Dirt Magazine

msbhvn

Likes Bikes
There is a pretty good write up of the red bull challenge in the latest ride as well as a good scoop on Shaun Palmer, its worth a read

DOM

Eats Squid
cool i must grab it ... look closely in the mag for a mention of Farkin.net ... i emailed them ages ago ..
although we are probably only just receiving the mag they released 2 years ago ..

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I havent seen anything about farkin.net

They have a nice shot of wodeys back after casing it

Oppy

Likes Dirt
In my opinion Palmer is old hat and should not have had the space in the mag. He is not a stayer and do not think he added positively to the sport. Did we really need SoCal bad attitude punk looks in the sport. I think there were plenty of people at the time bringing MX style to the sport that he is credited with. They could have had a big article on Kovarik and his rip it up, hang it out style, not some out of date punk.

Ryan

Radministrator
I think there's a bit of a theme running with Dirt's feature riders at the moment, last issue with Rockwell, this issue Palmer, looking at guys who changed the way people perceived the sport and rode their bikes. Palmer deserves credit in my opinion, he came to our sport, talked a lot of shit, then backed it up by riding fast and with bucketloads of style. If he was just some big talking, no backing punk I could see the objection, but he had the skills to back it up so more power to him.
Dirt had a feature on Rennie a while back, but it would have been nice to see a Kovarik feature after he spanked the world in their own back yard, maybe we'll get one after this years Fort William WC.
BTW anyone notice both Dirt and MBA stealing farkin's ideas and doing freeride vs the rest articles, punks ;)

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Palmer may be full of attitude but you can't deny that he's one of the greatest extreme sport type athletes ever.

DOM

Eats Squid
Yeah im kinda with Oppy ... fair enough .. he didnt really stay .. nor was he interested in developing anything .. but yeah he proved he could hang it wide open .. I met palmer in Cairns .. shook his hand ... rubbed my fingers over one of the first Intense frames .. and i also watched him almost take out Nico ( a Highly trainned, Physically fit Mountain biker of 8 years ) for the World Championships.

Palmer with a 2nd at a Worlds and a WorldCup Win .. acheived more in 2 years then some pro's manage in 3 or 4.

I dont nessecarily enjoy seeing someone come from no where and win when people have been trainning hard all their lives and still cannot get there .. but he was a Punk .. talked shit .. and backed it up ! - i wouldnt mind being able to do that.

Im with Ryan .. with the credit to him for some things ... but yeah im with Oppy .. Alot of dudes should be featured before palmer .. but he brings in money .. hes popular .. HE HAS HIS OWN VIDEO GAME !!!

But I take my hat off to someone who
1. Rules the Snowboarding World at one stage
2. Wins a Mountain Bike Worldcup - and 2nd place at a Worlds
3. Runs Top 30 in Some recent AMA Motocross Events

The dude has a knack for extreme sports ... He is the true XXX haha sorry vin deisel but your movie was corny as shit buddy.

Im looking forward to reading the article actually ..
but yeah im hanging out for an Aussie Spread .. Kovarik deserves some credit ... if you visit the UCI Rankings .. CK is above Cedric ... So he is the 2nd best Downhill racer in the World ! As shown by UCI World CUp points.

Also - Palmer Signed one of the highest paying MTB deals in history of Mountain Bike racing contracts - Call Specialized silly .. or Call Palmer Smart ... he decided to go riding for a couple of years and Made a shit load of cash doing it.

big dan

Likes Dirt
Palmer changed downhill for ever i think. I thought the article was good, especially with all these kids thesedays that have only just started riding. Bit of an education.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
palmer is cool, but dirt is like a fashion magazine, full of shit, "this is what it's about man.. it's all about racing on dirt". Bunch of preachers they are, I tell ya, get over it already.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
too true about Dirt. Definately trying too hard to define biking. Still i'll suffer through all their waffling on for all those wonderful pictures....The photography in that mag is fantastic.

Palmer rules. He has the balls to go out and try whatever is fun for him and DOMINATE. USA Today named him the best athlete ever! No basketballers, baseballers or whatever. A guy that kills every sport he attempts.