Training Log Jordan's Training Log

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
I've made this log so i can keep track and record my training whilst getting advice, tips or what not from other riders. Ill post pics of my rides, and link the rides via strava.

Some possible important info:

16 years 8 months old

179cm tall

Been riding for 4 years and racing for 2 and a bit.

I live a week at my mum, then a week at dads and it switches back and fourth. I can only ride while at mums house.

My main goal is to get better at riding, and concentrate on racing. I would like to see if riding could take me places and maybe make some kind of career out of it. I had a very, very good xc race season in 2012, now moved up to opens category with some very talented young riders.

My previous bike was a 2008/9 kona the king.

621411_366833526741284_1136111874_o.jpg

Im now riding/racing a 2013 rocky mountain vertex 950rsl.

942422_442561932501776_1340376757_n.jpg

Last edited:

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
yesterday

Sleep: 2am- 10am

Breakfast: milo

Lunch: noodles

Snacks: energy bar during ride

Dinner: porcupine meatbals, mash potato

drink: 3 liters water, softdrink, milk

Exercise: Ride up the local mountain and then up to the mountain bike reserve for a night ride.

http://app.strava.com/activities/36692505

Time
4:13pm
Distance
64.2km
Elevation
1,230m
Moving Time
03:29:26 (hr:min:sec)

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
been lazy lately. havnt posted.

Sleep: 4am-10am (played cod all night)

Breakfast: nothing

Lunch: hotdog

Snacks: baked beans

Dinner: fish, nuggets, chips,

drink: 2 liters water, softdrink, ice coffeemilk

Exercise: ride around the city

BTW ALL MY RIDES ARE DONE ON MOUNTAIN BIKES. NO ROADIES INVOLVED

http://app.strava.com/activities/40267626

Distance: 61.1km

Elevation: 124m

Moving Time: 02:14:14

Elapsed Time: 02:22:40

Max Speed: 48.2km/h

Avg Speed: 27.3km/h

Last edited:

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
That's a decent MTB pace! Get your diet in check, ride more KM's and you'll be set.
yea its pretty decent pace. I should eat better food. Once i get my vertex 950rsl my rides should improve even more. I do about 200km a week. But im able to do 500km if i dont have school. (but thats abit to much on a mtb)

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
Todays ride

Sleep: 430am-10am (played cod all night again)

Lunch: chicken sandwich

Snacks: spaghetti

Dinner: chicken stir fry

drink: 4 liters water, half bottle softdrink.

Exercise: explored some roads ive never ridden

http://app.strava.com/activities/40398403

Distance: 101.8km

Elevation: 169m

Moving Time: 04:03:44

Max Speed: 48.3km/h

Avg Speed: 25.1km/h

Was a very physically draining ride but it needed to be done. was against the wind for most of the ride to which was the worst part.

Last edited:

vls666

Likes Bikes
Sleep: 430am-10am (played cod all night again)

Lunch: chicken sandwich

Snacks: spaghetti

Dinner: chicken stir fry

drink: 4 liters water, half bottle softdrink.

Exercise: explored some roads ive never ridden

http://app.strava.com/activities/40398403

Distance: 101.8km

Elevation: 169m

Moving Time: 04:03:44

Max Speed: 48.3km/h

Avg Speed: 25.1km/h

Was a very physically draining ride but it needed to be done. was against the wind for most of the ride to which was the worst part.

How's the recovery from the ride coming along?

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
I havnt done any rocevery rides since. This week im at my dads house. Ive probly only ridden 5km since sunday (I dont ride much at dads). But ive been having some protein powder and an egg in in some milk. My legs feel good now anyway. Next week (at mums house) i will continue riding, hoping to try do some hill reps and some faster paced rides.

BTW when im at my dads i dont ride at all usually. im there every second week. and every other week im at mums.

Last edited:

wondrass

Cannon Fodder
change your diet mate...be focus what you eat and...week when you can't ride you should train a some kind of cyrcle training...workin on cardio and muscle endurance....anyway ur mtb pace is good!

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
about to try do another 50km tonight. my goal for the week is to do 50km each day until saturday. Saturday/sunday morning i will attempt a 160km (100mile) strava challenge on my mtb. not feeling to great in the stomach atm but ill go out see what i can still do. :)

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
rode 50km last night as i said. I also received my roundel for the rapha festive 500 challenge on strava. im pretty happy about that. this weekend im going to attempt the 160km challenge. but for now will do my possibly last 50km ride for the week to save my legs for this weekend.

Attachments

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
Quarq power trip challenge

just got home from doing this challenge i am stuffed and sore as. not much elevation but when there was a hill it really killed my legs.
http://app.strava.com/activities/41834375

163.1km
Distance

250m
Elevation

06:47:19
Moving Time

Time

Elapsed Time
07:46:49

Max Speed
64.1km/h

Avg Speed
24.0km/h

vls666

Likes Bikes
just got home from doing this challenge i am stuffed and sore as. not much elevation but when there was a hill it really killed my legs.
http://app.strava.com/activities/41834375

163.1km
Distance

250m
Elevation

Moving Time

Time

Elapsed Time
07:46:49

Max Speed
64.1km/h

Avg Speed
24.0km/h
Far out man, really pushing hard. Don't forget to eat (doesn't have to be a crazy healthy diet, just enough to sustain the riding!)

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
Far out man, really pushing hard. Don't forget to eat (doesn't have to be a crazy healthy diet, just enough to sustain the riding!)
keep in mind im only young 16 and i only do my ride on a mtb. so its a bit of a challenge. Being young i still do have a kinda fast metabolism so the food isnt to much of a worry although i am trying to avoid maccas and junk food now.

on another note i hurt my ankle and bruised my knee going down some rapids yesterday. so i will be going easy on the rides for the start of the week, also i will be busy geting my learners and doing some mods on my xbox, etc, etc, blah, blah while i recover from this knee thingo. :D

Last edited:

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
havnt been doing much lately, have done 3 rides this week on my new bike (about 90km total). but after the rides i have been hafing some source of protein within the 20-30min window. hopefully im ready for the first xc race, which most likely will be about a 10km long race,going off the last two years.

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
Had the first xc race of the year this morning, it was an individual timetrial which consisted of rider do the course in a clockwise then anti-clockwise direction. the three fastest competitors from each category then went onto a 3 lap showdown on the anti-clockwise course.

I managed to come in 10 seconds ahead on the first lap then 5 seconds ahead the next lap. I went onto the showdown and had the lead till the end of the second lap where i then got a pinch flat on a damn rock. :mad2: But i managed to get 2nd overall in young guns.

I guess all the training and what not ive been doing has been working. Now just to get some new tyres and a tubeless setup.