juicy 5

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
Being a long time hayes user my new dh rig has juicy 5s on it was wondering will they last on downhill me being on the heavy end of the scale and dh as mt stan , thredbo , beautys big hill the longer ones be good to know before i get there

jasnos

Likes Dirt
i reacon juicys are better then hayes.
They should do fine.
not sure but should this be in "parts & stuff"

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
Thanks Jasnos , yes it should be and i ll work that out next im a newbie cool they feel better than hayes but im also on a lighter bike so its hard to say

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Once the pads wear down a bit, get some nice new green pads for DH riding, or the equivilent in whatever brand you choose. I have the juicy 7, which is very similar to the 5. They'll be perfect for DH.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I currently own both HFX-9 HD and Juicy Five and I think you will find the Juicys a nice change for DH. They have a nice spongy feel to them and offer alot more modulation then the Hayes traditional 'on/off' bity feel. I run Juicys on my XC bike and I must say, I feel more confidant with the Hayes for some reason for DH...maybe its the fact I run 6" rotors with the Juicys where the Hayes on my other bike have the 8's. Plus, since getting the Hayes, Ive put a bit of effort into getting them up to scratch so I guess compared to the average Hayes user, these probably perform above their usual standard...*shrugs*
Pleanty of people (actually, the majority of people) will tell you otherwise and will almost definatly prefer the Juicys.

Good luck!