Juicy 7 Pad adjust problem

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
(first up sorry if this has been posted before-my mistake)

Hey all

The problem is that my pad adjustment knob on my right lever only turn approximatley 2 revolutions resulting in minor adjustment, on the other hand my left lever is perfect with plenty of adjustment. So my question to everyone on this thread is, "what has happened" and yes i have just recently bled them (yesterday)

Appreciate any help

If it counts i have a mate with the same problem however on both brakes

Cheers Matt:cool:

orfeo

Likes Dirt
i can't really help you, but with my juice 7's I the have the knob and and an arrow pointing one direction labled "in", i had assumed this meant it adjusts the pads closer in to the rotar resulting in less leverage required. Anyway after i looked at the juicy 7 manual it actually lists the opposite direction (anti-clockwise) for putting the pads in closer to the rotar. Not sure if this is the problem you're having but there you go anyway.

orfeo

ps i did buy my bike in canada so i'm not sure if this was a result of the levers being swapped over or something (i doubt it)

EDIT: sorry i should say i'm talking about the right hand brake level, the left hand lever you turn it clockwise as i remember, to lessen the gap (but yeah like wellsey says dl the manual)

Last edited:

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get the overhaul manual off the net and learn how to drop the adjuster out, it's very simple.

There is a good chance it's just some shit in the thread.

i can't really help you, but with my juice 7's I the have the knob and and an arrow pointing one direction labled "in", i had assumed this meant it adjusts the pads closer in to the rotar resulting in less leverage required. Anyway after i looked at the juicy 7 manual it actually lists the opposite direction (anti-clockwise) for putting the pads in closer to the rotar. Not sure if this is the problem you're having but there you go anyway.
It doesn't actually move the pads at all, it just alters the point the lever sits when the pads touch the rotor. Turning the knob in the direction marked "in" means you are adjusting the lever so that it will be closer to the bars when the pads contact the rotor.

orfeo

Likes Dirt
surely it does this by adjusting the pistons pre compression setting? or is it more like the reach adjustment? thanks for the tip

surely it does this by adjusting the pistons pre compression setting? or is it more like the reach adjustment? thanks for the tip
It's more like lever throw adjustment.

Lever reach alters the levers position before you pull the brakes on, the red knob just changes the throw of the lever once the brakes are pulled. Meaning the amount of lever movement before the pads hit the rotor. This is why rotating the knob towards the "in" position makes the lever travel further in before the brakes begin to work.

How it does this I have no idea, but it works none the less.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey fellas, thanks for the info.

And yes i know how to adjust the the pads properly, However thats not the case. I am leaning towards some sort of "crap" in the thread, all i need is some cir clip plyers.... (unsure on spelling). then simply follow the manual. has anyone encountered this- my problem before, if so how did u fix it?

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine got a bit stiff and it was just shit in the threads.

Get the manual and pop the adjusters out, clean them, hey presto.