June Ride

Adi

It's my birthday!
Allright look dude, I am currently downloading your video, while it is downloading I'd like to point out a few things to you.

1. When you post a video, tell us how long it is, 33.6MB does not do any justice. As far as I know it could be as short as 15 seconds!
2. You need to go to this link ( http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/moviemaker/downloads/moviemaker2.asp ), and download Windows Movie Maker 2, which is about 10 or so MB big (ie, much smaller than your video)
3. Learn how to use Windows Movie maker 2, it is much easier than your current program, make some small vids and see how you go, then use the compression feature to compress your finished video.

Here is a good guide (for videos with music or sound):

If video is around 30 sec, 500Kb to 1MB should be fine.
If video is 1 minute long,, then a good compression size is 2 or so MB
If video is 4 minutes long, then a good compression size is 9-12mb, see how it works out.

[If no music/sound reduce by 25-50% of recommended size]

Just play around and you will get the hang of it!

So with all that said, just re-edit your old videos, and upload them again in a compresed format! It's pretty easy really.

You said in another post:
One Big Mistake said:
yea its all on an analog camcorder and i just got a "dazzle" thing that lets you put regular tape onto the computer. the software is called like pinnacle or something but its ok i guess. i still dont know what im doing though"
You can get you recorded footage into Windows Movie Maker in one of 2 ways

1. You can use your program 'Dazzle' to capture your video from your analog camcorder. Then import the clip(s) into WMM2 (Windows Movie Maker 2)
2. (Easier way) Using the 'Capture device' feature, you can capture your video from your analog camcorder. Much easier as it is directly imprted into WMM2, plus, WMM2 cuts it into 'bite sized' :)lol:) clips for you.

WMM2 is much easier to use than Pinnacle or whatever, check out the video i made using WMM2 (click on the link in my signature)
Basically... if you do not know how to use WMM2 you are too stupid to even use a computer..... or live!

Hope that helps a bit man, just do not ever upload a 30mb video again, because no one will want to download it, heck, I got ADSL and 30mb is just too much for a very short video!

To put music into your vis just drag the .mp3 or whatever into the 'clips box' or whatever its called, then add it to the 'music timeline' - As i said, its all in the Help file if you do need help.
So in conclusion,play around with WMM2 for a few days untill you know how it works! It's so easy :p! Practice makes perfect!

Your video just finished downloading and it was only 1 min 45 long! Pretty sketchy too, WMM2 should sort it out to an extent. Your analog vid camera looks heaps old too, mine is 9 years old and I get better quality than that!

If you need any more help with this program please do not hesitate to check out the help file that comes as a built-in-feature!

Hope that helps you or someone at least! ;)

Wow that was long!

Adin :)

Adi

It's my birthday!
*Bump to top*

Admins make this a sticky or something, I want to make sure that this is read! :p

pyrotek

Likes Bikes
Downloadign now
but yeah defently what dropinAdin said
there a better ways to do things
but thats pretty easey way to do it and it keeps it small for the poor dial up users
nice work
blah still here at 3am to was to bussyt o reply to irc ;)

One Big Mistake

Likes Bikes
DropinAdin..thanks for all that. I was excited about sharing..i promise it wont happen again! Im gonna download that movie maker thing now. thanks.

One Big Mistake

Likes Bikes
ok i went to that windows site and ive only got windows millenium so i cant get the movie maker 2. will the first one work just as well? i just found it on the computer

Adi

It's my birthday!
Hey man, they must have updated it just reecently bcause I am pretty sure there was a windows Me/2000 version available.

Dude, your second video that is 3.3 mb big is heaps better :p Even tho the clips are in the same order as the first one. So just practice with shortening clips and all that etc maybe add some music to it too :p

WMM1 is pretty good but version 2 has some handy features like the compression feature where you can actually choose the max size for the video and WMM2 automatically adjusts the frmerate etc for the best quality for a chosen size.

Anyways, have fun messing around on WMM1, should be allright for a while. I'll try and track down WMM1 for Windows Mellenium.

Cya around man

One Big Mistake

Likes Bikes
i didnt change anything..i just wanted people to see it hehe..im trying to set up another video of some better footage..im also trying to find the wmm2 somewhere. I figured out if i add effects and all that in the pinnacle thing then import it to wmm it compresses it and i can do whatever there, because the movie maker doesnt let me add any effects. Thanks for teaching me how to set all that up, ill try to get some better footage up some time.