Just purchased a new toy

well a new to me second hand toy at least.

2008 Giant Trance 2 - coming off a 10 yr old Apollo POS that I have been running around Stromlo here in the ACT.

It has the Shimano M505 SPD pedals on it but I am not sure I am ready for being so attached to the bike!! Can anyone help me out with a reasonably priced normal pedals that would still be useful while I get the skills up a bit more prior to moving to the attached goodness?? In the mean time I will stick the plasticky slipoffs on to get me riding tomorrow arvo.

haltz

Likes Dirt
if your going to swap them to clips soon anyway(it wont take you long to want some haha) dont spend too much even just some good bmx pedals will do the job and wont cost or weigh too much, dont forget good shoes will help too!

Just ride with the M505's. It will take you all of about ten minutes to get used to it. It's really not that hard.

:D

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
well a new to me second hand toy at least.

2008 Giant Trance 2 - coming off a 10 yr old Apollo POS that I have been running around Stromlo here in the ACT.

It has the Shimano M505 SPD pedals on it but I am not sure I am ready for being so attached to the bike!! Can anyone help me out with a reasonably priced normal pedals that would still be useful while I get the skills up a bit more prior to moving to the attached goodness?? In the mean time I will stick the plasticky slipoffs on to get me riding tomorrow arvo.
Well firstly congrats on getting a new rig!! It's always exciting getting a new bike, especially when there is a noticeable difference between bikes which is certainly true in your case. You will love the Trance!

Just ride with the M505's. It will take you all of about ten minutes to get used to it. It's really not that hard.

:D
^^^ Good advice, however, don't make the mistake of just going for a spin on the trails straight away. Clip yourself in and then ride around the block. Unclip as much as possible, I remember when I got clips for the first time I made an effort to rest myself up against a wall whilst on the bike and *clip* then *unclip* then *clip* then *unclip* - sounds stupid but gets you use to it pretty darn quick for a short period of time.
You'll adjust really quickly, and you can always adjust how tight you want the pedals to grab your cleat by the little -/+ screws on your pedal.

Good luck with the new steed mate, you'll love it!

Thanks all.

Heading out for a spin this arvo - might have to grab me some shoes and cleats and suck it up by doing some easy riding.

so I sucked it up and rode with some borrowed shoes. Had a couple of trail rests, nothing serious just sideways flops. Now OK with them - no trail rests yesterday so happy days.

nibbZ

Likes Dirt
Been riding clipped in for three years, took the egg beaters off and put flat pedals on, i now ride twice as hard and love riding so much more.