WA Kalamunda Circuit Mountain Bike Trail. WA.

Hi Crew

This is my first post on Rotorburn, my name is Murray and I am part of the project management group for the Kalamunda Circuit Mountain Bike Trail.
From now on I will post updates on this forum regarding trail building days and the progress we are making.

The first section of approx 4 klm is to be opened in May. BBQ DRINKS etc. Keep Posted

Please check out some of the work we have done in the attached photos.

Below please find some information about the Kalamunda Circuit Mountain Bike Trail project.

Our Goal

To build a 22 kilometre mountain bike trail that is sustainable, low maintenance and has a low environmental impact.

History

A proposal to upgrade the Kalamunda Circuit was submitted to CALM (now DEC) in September 2004. Approval was granted mid 2006 and the marking of the trail corridor was started. Once the trail corridor was marked, Calm then surveyed the proposed trail alignment for such things as rare flora and fuana and Die back.

In November 2008 the construction for the upgrade began.

Community project
This is a community projects that is a partnership between Perth Mountain Bike Club, DEC, Lotteries WA, The Department of Sport and Recreation, The Western Australian Mountain Bike Association and you the mountain bike community.

Type of Trail

Based on the IMBA grading for trail difficulty the trail is a blue square trail with black diamond Technical Trail Features (TTFs). more info soon

It is designed for intermediate to advanced XC riding with log rides, log roll overs, jumps, rock gardens, ladders, drop offs and lots of single track. There can be unavoidable obstacles up to 400 mm high. All obstacles bigger than the blue rating will have B lines such as jumps and black diamond TTFs.

Volunteers

No Special skills required.

If you can rake, shovel, dig, carry rocks, prune bushes, or do you have carpentry and metal work skills they are all skills that are required to build the Kalamunda circuit mountain bike trail. Just your input regarding trail design and the trail as it evolves is very important to this project.

Next Trail Building Day

Monday the 26th of April

Future Trail Building Days
TBA

More information

If you want to be part of this great project simply email us on kctrailbuider@iinet.net.au and we will put you on the list to receive updates on trail building days and trail progress.

You can also contact Murray on 0405 121 959

FAQ

Q. What happens if I am injured.

A. When you registrer as a volunteer and sign in and out on the daily sign in sheet you are covered by the Department of Enviroment and Conservation volunteers workers compensation.

Feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Murray Wynne
Kalamunda Circuit Mountain Bike Trail
Project Management Group
kctrailbuilder@iinet.net.au
Mob.0405 121 959

Attachments