Kanangra Classic Enduro - October 16th - Mountain Sports

colesy01

Likes Bikes
I'll be travelling down from NT to catch this race and the 6th round of the singletrack mind series plus ride a few of Canberras finest trails in the week between. Literally frothing at the mouth waiting for this riding holiday to come around. Such a beautiful part of the world, just a little worried about the temperature in Oberon after living in the tropics.

mikecin

Squid
That was awesome fun! If you got a chance to look around, the country side was really pretty. From snow gums to large stands of hardwood, swamps and of course a couple of icy cold creek crossings. It was well run and a good fun (and sneakily hard) race. I'll be back next year to improve on my results - hopefully I won't get a flat next time. It took 14 minutes for me to change my flat because I couldn't break the bead on my tubeless tyre. That took me from 2nd (I think) to 8th (I think). That dude on the Surly with huge tyres was motoring! I assume he won the 100km ?

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Results?

Does anyone know where the results are going to be posted? There is no reference to results on their website.
I think one of the few downsides to the race was no transponder, so if you started at the back of the pack you were disadvantaged by a few minutes. Surely the guys that supply for Woody Worlds or the Chocolate Foot and all the other races around could have been called in.
I found the course good - some tough climbs and fun downhills. I'm interested to find out where I placed in the 50, so I'm waiting with baited breath for the results.

dottyman

Likes Dirt
Awesome race and fun fast track with some quick descents and easy but long climbs and some nice aqua surprises just to keep you on your (icey) toes. Well run for the first time and great to see NPWS in support of these events. re : results the guy at the finish in Red (Matt I think??) said results would be up tonight on their website but they're probably still hard at work packing up

cullis

Likes Bikes
Good fun

Good fun track. No massive climbs and nothing technical. The trail was pretty much all fire trail, but did include some great flowing descents that made the trip to jenolan worthwhile. The fast pace of the track, and good condition considering all the rain, make it worth adding to you calendar.

itrance05

Likes Dirt
great race even if my legs didn't show up to race but had fun and enjoyed the scenery for a change,i will be there again next year

hovell

Cannon Fodder
Almost saw the results here ....

Great day out on Sunday in a truly beautiful part of the country.

Are results going to be posted here ?

:biggrin1: