Kellyville trails

FLOYD1

Likes Dirt
Hi , need your help. I have just moved from canberra to kellyville sydney. Are there any trails near kellyville? I know the usual suspects ; hornsby , manly dam etc... but need info from any locals. Would even like info on the blue mountains. If anyone 2015could help out or even be a guide that would be great. Oh i ride a giant reign and have pretty good fitness but love all types of riding even xc
Any help greatly appreciated.
Deano

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
Welcome to the Hills. There are trails at Fred Caterson Reserve and there are also trails at the end of Mile End Rd, Rouse Hill.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Are those trails worth a drive? Always good to try something new. Ye ol' nato is getting abit stale.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Are those trails worth a drive? Always good to try something new. Ye ol' nato is getting abit stale.
They are ok local rides, I dont ride them much myself - too many laps in the 90's. If your travelling, Old Man Valley at Hornsby is better or really treat yourself and go to Bantry Bay and do Serata and Ghania - IMO the best trails in Sydney.

Further info for the OP. There are a heap of rides in the Blue Mountains. The following are good.

Andersons - fire trail but the downhill to the creek is stupidly nuts good fun - if your pads aren't smoking by the time you get to the creek you did something wrong.

The Oakes - the classic blue mountains ride, again fire trail. See Glenbrook flow track.

Glenbrook - flow track heaps of fun can be combined with the Oakes or done on its own - if you like OMV at Hornsby you will love this - though do yourself a favour and do one lap up to the gate and do the Oakes single track as well.

Knapsack - heaps of single track along with some downhill

Yarramundi/Yellowmundee - XC ride, good fun

Winmalee - another XC ride - saw a massive goanna on it once.

Last edited:

bgs

Likes Bikes
Sydney MTB Riders

Floyd1, join the Sydney MTB Riders facebook group. Plenty of group rides organized all over Sydney.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi , need your help. I have just moved from canberra to kellyville sydney. Are there any trails near kellyville? I know the usual suspects ; hornsby , manly dam etc... but need info from any locals. Would even like info on the blue mountains. If anyone 2015could help out or even be a guide that would be great. Oh i ride a giant reign and have pretty good fitness but love all types of riding even xc
Any help greatly appreciated.
Deano
Deano , I would have thought the best trails near you are up in the mountains , Black heath , blue mountains , Lithgo Etc .