Kenevo kompetitors

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
We won't have a demo 2020 Kenevo in store for a while for us (the staff) and customers to play on and compare to the older Kenevo and 2020 Levo, but dang we sold a new Kenevo Expert by lunch time today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Top of the range doesn't appear to be very good value... Almost $12,000 for 11 speed gx, code r, RC fork, in house components, all alloy...

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Top of the range doesn't appear to be very good value... Almost $12,000 for 11 speed gx, code r, RC fork, in house components, all alloy...
I was surprised myself the Expert spec increased in price by that much 2019 to 2020.

TBH it's one of my least favorite aspects of MTB generally these days - the price of bikes generally, electric and non electric, is way too high. Even more so when you factor in the spec.

Last edited:

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ebikes are going the wrong way for me too in regards to weight. As soon as they cut weight in one place they just go bigger and beefier everywhere else. I am surprised that people can just go out for a 3-4hr ride but I would prefer a lighter bike with smaller battery to last 2 hrs max.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ebikes are going the wrong way for me too in regards to weight. As soon as they cut weight in one place they just go bigger and beefier everywhere else. I am surprised that people can just go out for a 3-4hr ride but I would prefer a lighter bike with smaller battery to last 2 hrs max.
Have to agree Focus seems to be the only one doing the small battery thing. I understand the idea of big back country rides but I'm the same my riding time hasn't all of a suddent increased with an ebike. Only once I've used half the battery, shame you can't have a twin pack type arrangement with say two 315 batteries to make a 630 and you can use one or both in the down tube rather than the tack on thing like the Focus.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
F&%K me, so many haters now happy with E-Bike posts.

BTW the 2020 is dual crown...

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Is it just me or does their own launch video make their riders look like a bunch of "bros" who give zero fs about the bike specs?
Is that what their $10k upwards spending Mr Magoo target market aspires to be?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it just me or does their own launch video make their riders look like a bunch of "bros" who give zero fs about the bike specs?
Is that what their $10k upwards spending Mr Magoo target market aspires to be?
Yeh that’s what I thought too. The video is aimed at bike park bros but they don’t have that money

clockworked

Like an orange
The focus sam does look good. Nice spec, slightly more reasonable price, but the angles aren't as downhill specific as the kenevo. It came out in 2018 though, maybe they'll update it?

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Yeh that’s what I thought too. The video is aimed at bike park bros but they don’t have that money
The ads aren't aimed at bike park bro's, they're aimed at middle aged men who want to feel that young and carefree again when they sneak out in the morning to ride and get back home in time before they have to drop the kids off for afternoon karate class.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Really looking seriously at one of these. I had a Giant Trance E SX, and ended up wanting an ebike with more travel. They're better than shuttling. You don't need to organise anything or anyone. Just pick a heart rate and power setting that gets you to the top without being buggered, but warm and ready to go instead of covered in cold sweat from the drive up, put your helmet back on and go.

Pretty average spec for the money on the top one, so I'd probably get the lower one in S5 size despite the smaller battery it comes with. I've got a Fox 49 Grip2 with offset reducing crowns to mullet the thing, and swap the analogue drive train to 12 speed to use a 36 tooth chain ring without draining the battery by working too much on the climbs. I used to basically do twice the number of runs on the Trance as compared to my enduro bike in the same time. I'm definitely not attracted to xc riding a short travel ebike.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have seen this mentioned and applauded on RB before recently, what is the appealing part?
It looks like they have executed the battery integration neatly in a world of bolt on batteries and edgy form language and also like litevilles unique suspension design and focus on little details.

Hey

Likes Bikes
So the new kenevo is out. It's marketing claims it's essentially a self shuttling downhill bike.
Is anyone aware of any real competition? Not another heavy duty trail bike, but proper a downhill orientated design.

There are a few out there but most are like the Kenevo, an enduro bike with a dual crown fork.
If you want to ride to the top then great, but it’s a heavy bike to throw around on the downs. Shuttles and lifts are better if available, and if so a dedicated non assist downhill bike is a must.

I really don’t get why people insist on being over biked, when in reality something lighter and with less travel will do a better job. Their bike will wear out before their skill level increases to match the bike.