Kenilworth Sunshine Series Round 4. *POSTPONED!!!* until 21st june

Reece.

Likes Dirt
Hey
Well round 4 of the sunshine series is coming up at 822 Cedar Creek road Belli park-Eumundi Kenilworth rd on the 24th of May, and as far as i have heard the track is new and never been raced?
Has any body ridden the track and if so what is it like?
Will it be similar to the round 1 track?

Have a good one
Reece

Last edited:

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you get email from TWP?

Edit:
Hi Guys,

There are several changes to this years Sunshine Series.

The next round 24th May scheduled to be at Upper Brookfield by Kenmore has changed and is now being hosted by Gravity MTB Club at a new course they have at 822 Cedar Creek rd, Belli Park on the Sunshine Coast (off Eumundi-Kenilworth Rd) Please note this is not the Kenilworth venue but a completely new Venue to race. Earlybird entries close midnight 19th May to save the $10. The on-line entry is currently being changed to reflect the new Club/location and should be up on the website hopefully tomorrow afternoon. This still gives you plenty of time to enter.

Club Contact: Jeremy at info@venturecycles.com.au

Phone: 5455 6655 (business hours)

We will update the website as soon as we have more information.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
May as well turn this into a 'Whos going' thread IMO. The other two aren't to helpful.

Either way, I had a ball at the last race, epic fun, I haven't ridden anything like it before so I'm stoked for the next race and hope it again will be nothing like I've ever riden. I don't even give much of a shit if I come last, so much fun :)

Anyone know any camping options?

Reece.

Likes Dirt
May as well turn this into a 'Whos going' thread IMO. The other two aren't to helpful.

Either way, I had a ball at the last race, epic fun, I haven't ridden anything like it before so I'm stoked for the next race and hope it again will be nothing like I've ever riden. I don't even give much of a shit if I come last, so much fun :)

Anyone know any camping options?
I would imagine there would be camping due to the fact that there was camping at round one but dont hold me to that.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
round 4

does anyone on here that is reading my post right now have any idea what the track is like IE. description vids and pics would be sweet

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey

Hey,

How big are the jumps and drops. ANd are there B-lines. Anything realy tricky on the course?

Cheers

joshrides

Likes Dirt
when i went there for the open day, there was some pretty cool drops at the top of it(had b-line). i dont know about the rest of the track as it was a while ago. and it crossed over the shuttle road, so a fair bit of it will be new for everyone.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
on TWP online entry ,they said that they'll be having saturday arvo practice but didnt have abox to tick to say that you'll be there and the fee that they'll be charging

does anybody know whats up with this?

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
i will be there yewww

props to gravity club for taking one back

has any body got any picks or vids of the track to give us a geez, never been there

see you all out there

d_j1

Likes Dirt
It was mentioned in another one of the THREE threads on this race, that they were doing some track remodelling so as to have it not cross the shuttle road. Problem solved.
Also +1 for wanting to know info on saturday practice.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey,

How big are the jumps and drops in feet or meters.

Cheers
Hey I rode the track last year at an open day and rode the jumps and drops. The first jump is about 60 foot long and has a drop of 10 metres from lip to downramp. The gap is filled with trees and theres no b-line so if your not going 70-80km/h your basically stuffed.

But seriously, wait until the race and you'll find out soon enough. If you're stressing about there being any big jumps or drops, then don't. I am sure they will have b-lines around anything big to cater for junior hardtailers.

master@dh

Likes Dirt
hey guys
i helped build most of the "hells decent track" that they are going to be running and i can tell you that it is such an awsome track, chris kovaric came to ride the track and they seemed to like it. it is kinda steep but fairly easy to do. there is nothing too huge in the track and there are b-lines but overall theres nothing too be scared of