26 x 2,10"
Kevlar beaded
Special durable compound
Improved traction
MAX 8bar/120PSI

image for illustration purposes only

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I want to know weights, to see if it is reallllly worth spending that much for less grams...

xero

Supersports
RRP is $120.00 for both Dirt and Street in 26"
24" both versions @$110.00

weights ( on my scales) for the 26"
Dirt: 522 grams
Street: 504 grams

The weight can vary + or - 5%

colourclassic

Likes Dirt
I don't care if that is the stickiest, hard wearing, light and pinch resistant bike tyre in the world, $120 a pop is insane.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
thats so insane.

esspecialy since khe have a tendancy to blow out there sidewalls (did to mine) its apparantly pretty regular,,

and also they have shit all grip so in reality schwalbe table tops win, 70grams heavier, more grip and durable.

xero

Supersports
thats so insane.

esspecialy since khe have a tendancy to blow out there sidewalls (did to mine) its apparantly pretty regular
The simple fact is, the minimal number of tyres ( mind you, that number is pretty small considering the sheer number sold worldwide) that blow out side walls is due to misuse, and strangely enough, it seems to be the PARK version.
If there is a manufacturers fault, you are covered.

If a park version tyre blows out on rough concrete ledges, when it is designed for PARK use with smooth coping, is that an issue with the tyre?
Unfortunately warranty does not cover ripping open a sidewall on that besser brick ledge that you were grinding.

Incorrect pressure, ( yes there are tell tale signs), mounting tyres on rims with screwdrivers, ( yes, I have seen it)
and riders using the wrong tyre for the style of riding.
Hell, I have seen guys try and run a MAC 1 ( flatland tyre) for street, and wonder why it blew out...

But yes of course that is completely the tyres fault.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You mean like what happend to Ben?

And what are the chances of that?
I've seen several 20" ones blow up at our local, I'd much rather spend my money on a tyre that will actually last and be worth the money. If a tyre can't handle a bit of 'rough cement' and hard landings that's pretty fail IMO.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Agreed... For the amount of money your forking out, its not worth it.. Hell, i've had NPJ sigs for nearly 2yrs and they are going strong still! Side walls are farked, as well as the bead but still ridable thats for sure ;) If i had my hands on some KHE's, i'd highly doubt that.

You can't guarantee riding smooth surfaces and never landed harshly ever.. Unless you're a poser ;)

xero

Supersports
You can't guarantee riding smooth surfaces and never landed harshly ever.. Unless you're a poser ;)
Exactly...... so in that case why not run street versions...
As I said, pick the right tyre for what you ride.
To many guys will simply buy the park version because they are the lightest.
I actually know guys that weight individual tyres to get the -5% weight difference ones!!!!!!

Its the same as with plastic pegs.... great on smooth coping and last a reasonable amount of time..... start on the rough ledges and hey, what happens?

But regardless, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Exactly...... so in that case why not run street versions...
As I said, pick the right tyre for what you ride.
To many guys will simply buy the park version because they are the lightest.
I actually know guys that weight individual tyres to get the -5% weight difference ones!!!!!!
I can see the park versions being appropiate for people spending entire seasons at Woodward or other giant indoor facilities, but for the rest of the world, something that's gunna shred at the first sign of tarmack just plain sucks.

They do roll fast though..

Its the same as with plastic pegs.... great on smooth coping and last a reasonable amount of time..... start on the rough ledges and hey, what happens?
Plastic pedals suck. Period. They're actually rather heavy and offer no where near the grip nor quality that a decent set of metals do. They're a trend, and a poor one at that.