KHS

sut

Squid
Does anyone know much about the KHS DH100. I think I could have one lined up for about $2500, is that a good price or is there a better bike out there for the same price?

Ty

Eats Squid
try and track down the mountain bike action review from a few months back, they wern't very impressed but that does sound hella cheap.

Ryan

Radministrator
I've never read a good review of any KHS downhill product, check out MTBReview.com for just a sample of the hatred people have for these things. My view is that a well educated mountain biker has no excuse for buying one, not even because it's cheap.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Ty` said:
try and track down the mountain bike action review from a few months back, they wern't very impressed but that does sound hella cheap.
i read that review this morning and they wernt very impressed at all. but they dissed the sh8t out of the bighit downhill so i dont really know if they know what there talking about. i personally dont like it. is it brandnew for $2500. if it is the parts on it would be worth that alone so id go for it

lindsay

Likes Dirt
I don't think they're very good. They bob heaps and i've known a few to crack. They're heavy too.

For the same price you could get an Avanti d-eight with boxxers, hayes and all in perfect working order. They're about ten times better too.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
lindsay said:
I don't think they're very good. They bob heaps and i've known a few to crack. They're heavy too.

For the same price you could get an Avanti d-eight with boxxers, hayes and all in perfect working order. They're about ten times better too.
according to the test i was talking about earlier they dont bob much at all. in fact they say its second only to the giant.
as for the d-8. its a great downhiller but not the best freerider, and not all that flash on jumps too, my mate ahs one

Doogs

Likes Bikes
the fulcrum has a very wiered pedal sensation, it may not bob loads, but you feel like your cassette is very intermittant. as for them bagging the bighit DH, it's obvious they suck balls....mtba, never liked em.
you will have fun on it for sure, but there are other options, but more $$$

bhdh03 rocks.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
CHEWY the test is a load of shit. I've ridden more than one and they are the worst peddaling bikes i've ever ridden. The rear end extends when you pedal so much that it feels as though it wants to buck you off.

The d-eight isn't a freeride bike but i wouldn't call the KHS one either. They're crap bikes(the KHS not the d-eight). Go spend your money on something better.

Ty

Eats Squid
i once read a quote about the KHS once, "bobs like a noodle, suspension performance of a hardtail, weight of a moto, what mre could you want!"

on a more serious note, if cannondale couldn't work the bugs out of the fulcrum design with 4 chains, a computer controlled shock and one of the biggest RandD budgets of any downhill team what makes KHS think they can just revive the idea and make a worth while bike out of it?