killingworth trails (Newcastle area)

haltz

Likes Dirt
Watagans? Is that Dallas' s track and sawmill etc down?

Did that yesterday as partner an epic, with billy bobs tities, penis statue, premium etc strava segments - much much fun, but hard to find the trail entry

Oh, and no puddles ....
Yeah that's a lot of it! Ive done a fair bit of exploring up there and found a heap more up towards the top before you even start sawmill, it's moto stuff but hardly used, one section is actually one of the best bits of trail I've ever ridden it flows so well, recently found a heap more fresh stuff down the bottom near Dallas's loop that links up the bottom of the original single track with crescendo into an awesome run, pretty much say from the mash to the end of crescendo is some of the best trail/all mountain/doooro riding in our area, everything before the mash is just a bonus. Love to get more people up there stoked on the trails!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Watagans? Is that Dallas' s track and sawmill etc down?

Did that yesterday as partner an epic, with billy bobs tities, penis statue, premium etc strava segments - much much fun, but hard to find the trail entry

Oh, and no puddles ....
That stuff is a lot older than the D-dog's work, but is good riding. Seems to be a lot less dirt bike traffic up there in modern times as well. Way back when I used to ride with Moses there would be massive groups of dirt bikes up there all the time. You guys should wander over to the amazon.

Cam used to have a lot of trails up there as well...if you're after truely epic pedal fest.

haltz

Likes Dirt
That stuff is a lot older than the D-dog's work, but is good riding. Seems to be a lot less dirt bike traffic up there in modern times as well. Way back when I used to ride with Moses there would be massive groups of dirt bikes up there all the time. You guys should wander over to the amazon.

Cam used to have a lot of trails up there as well...if you're after truely epic pedal fest.
Yeah motos(myself included) tend to stay down towards the basin end, still pass plenty up there, but the trails hold up either way, I think the reason it all flows so well is from the years and years of us moto guys riding them in both directions, there's fresh single track running from the pines all the way across the range to the top of amazon now (yeah you're right amazon is sick) but it's just doesn't link into all that good of a ride unless you're into riding up stuff like mt Faulk rd haha wish the amazon shuttle was nicer I'd probably still have a dh bike

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I have ridden Sawmill a couple of times and am keen to check out some of the other stuff around the Watagans including Amazon which I haven't ridden yet. If your looking for a tag along then let me know when your heading out there next.

Camoshop ? I remember he posted up a strava summary of some massive ride he had done across the wattos.

I guess I should head up there, but I think I'll find it hard to drive past Awaba, really enjoy that one, its exactly my kind of riding

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Camoshop ? I remember he posted up a strava summary of some massive ride he had done across the wattos.

I guess I should head up there, but I think I'll find it hard to drive past Awaba, really enjoy that one, its exactly my kind of riding
Yep. He was punching out massive rides up there. No idea how he was able to keep it up. Way too much pitch in the climbs for me!