King of Ballarat 2009, Race 2, 9th August, BLACK HILL

fuzz

Likes Dirt
can you use your plate from round 1 or????

and are they different tracks to the last round?
yea looking at running different tracks from the ones used in round 1. besides, the tracks used for the first race are pretty much chopped out to the shithouse, from all that rain & mud!

Yes, you can use the same plates again ;)
just wipe all the mud off !!!

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
^^^ Would also be interested in knowing this as i turned 15 since round one and i would like to know if i have to race up or if i can still race U 15's?

syko

Likes Dirt
You normally take it from how old you are on like 31 october that year. or something like that. But i may be wrong

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
You normally take it from how old you are on like 31 october that year. or something like that. But i may be wrong
That would make sense but i would have been 15 by then and i was still allowed to race U15's in the fist round.

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
Hey, I'm going to make the trip for this one. Can someone who's ridden the track (or at least in the area) give me a lowdown on the sort of terrain? Toughest sections of the course? Tyre recommendations? Etc Etc - anything that might be useful to someone who's not too experienced.

Thanks!

fuzz

Likes Dirt
Heres some info on the tracks to be used for Round.2 - 9/08/2009

Track selections was made yesterday, and they have now been cut in. A Decision had been made to use existing tracks that are fully established, due to the amount of rain Ballarat has had over the past few weeks. if we were to run any new freshly cut in tracks they will be destroyed like we had in round.1.

So if you check the map of Black Hill below, it shows the track path.
RED Line: Main track, which includes the big step down and continues through the old Pines track. And finishes up at the bottom pit area. (split tracks connect into this main track)
YELLOW Line: Is Split Track.1. this splits from the main track at the Table top and continues (left hand) through the pines drop off then into the road step up. cuts into a right hand switch back then off a few small drops, then cuts back into the main track to end up the finish.
GREEN Line: Is Split Track.2. this splits from the main track at the Table top and continues (right hand) through the Pines root section. then straight into a few kickers, then up onto the old school track. A line off a drop off or B Line around. then straight into a nasty length of exposed roots. Drop off onto the fire trail and table top over the side of the road gap jump. this will then connect back into the Red Main line, then to the finish line.

see you all there next week. :D

Event details:
When: Sunday 9th August, 2009
Where: Black Hill, Ballarat,
Cost:
All racers $30 + $5 for race plate
$15 for day license if needed (Club memberships will be available)

Event Timetable:
Saturday:
Unofficial practice from 12 Midday
We would appreciate no riders riding the tracks while the tracks are being prepared, as this has happened several times so far. Show some respect for those bunting and preparing the tracks.

Sunday:
Registration- 8-10:30am
Practice- 8-11:30am
Racing from 12 Midday

Classes: A, B, C, D, U/15 & OPEN WOMAN

Directions:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...,0.045104&z=15
(A)= on the map is the location of the rough parking / pit area at the bottom of black hill.
Type in this address into you Google maps or a GPS, and you cant go wrong: 301 Clissold Street, Black Hill VIC.

Last edited:

GUmtber

Likes Bikes
How long are the runs for this ride and whats the current track condition like? Wet and slipery or damp and tacky? Or does it dry out really well at Black Hill?

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Looking like it shall be pretty sweeeeet ;) Times will be damn close with these tracks.. I know last time they were when the similar tracks were raced a while ago

my_bike

Likes Dirt
If I understand correctly, I paid $30 for the last race I don’t need to pay now just bring the race plate and pay for day licence?

ned the rider

Likes Dirt
Heres some info on the tracks to be used for Round.2 - 9/08/2009
RED Line: Main track, which includes the big step down and continues through the old Pines track. And finishes up at the bottom pit area. (split tracks connect into this main track)
Is this the track with the frame snapping road gap in it?

camday

Likes Dirt
To answer a few questions, if you raced U/15 last race, you will be fine to race this for the remainder of ther series.

The road gap wont be run for this race, we have varied the tracks, and running pre existing trails that have been there for years, but still a heap of fun.

And last but not least, it costs $30 for each race entry, at each race. Not $30 for the entire series.

Anymore Q's, let me know