King of Ballarat 2009, Race 3, 20th September

Staunch

Eats Squid
Now you can race in C grade Sandbager :p, If you race C's in state I will.
The VSS doesn't have A,B,C,D, it's Elite, Expert, Sport, Novice, Womens, U/19's, U/17's, U/15's and U/13's.....well at least the 08/09 season did. ( I think I've forgotten some though....)

my_bike

Likes Dirt
The VSS doesn't have A,B,C,D, it's Elite, Expert, Sport, Novice, Womens, U/19's, U/17's, U/15's and U/13's.....well at least the 08/09 season did. ( I think I've forgotten some though....)
Thanks for confusing me? I'll find out what class I'll race on the day.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Thanks for confusing me? I'll find out what class I'll race on the day.
Pretty much (well roughly)
A = Elite
B = Expert
C = Sport
D = Novice

Then there's all the age classes plus Hardtail and Womens
(again I might of forgotten one)

camday

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Please check the update from the Souter family below

Ryza96 said:
Hi Camday, Thanks again for stopping in on sunday night. Spent the night at the hospital under observation due to kidney contusion. Back in Narre now, he is a bit sore & sorry, but more dejected with crashing when in good position for the series. Thx to all the people for their help & good wishes after the crash. Ambo's & hospital staff were fabulous. Thx to Club Mud members for running & organising the K.O.B. Series. This was Ryan's 1st three race meetings. We thoroughly enjoyed it, disregarding his crash. We will return next year for sure & can only see your club going ahead now that you have a designated downhill area to work with. We can only stress the importance of body armour after this bad crash, the $300 EVS neck brace did the job. Hope to see you all at Eildon. Regards The Souter Family. # 73.

P.S. could you post this on Rotorburn for us & if there are any photos of the crash we would like a geek.

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Looking over the results from the 3 rounds and being their for the first round, it sure looks like their might be some people sand bagging back their in c grade. No names just a thought, when you times are good enough to put you top 5 in the grade above, sometimes even 2 grades above what your racing thats usually a pretty good hint its time to bight the bullet and move up.

But each to their own i suppose

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Looking over the results from the 3 rounds and being their for the first round, it sure looks like their might be some people sand bagging back their in c grade. No names just a thought, when you times are good enough to put you top 5 in the grade above, sometimes even 2 grades above what your racing thats usually a pretty good hint its time to bight the bullet and move up.

Nope I totally agree. I do think that DH racing needs a more organised categorisation system like road racing does. Although this all comes down to the volunteers who are already under the pump, for now i guess its really the responsibility of the riders to choose their category responsibly.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!

cough cough* yeah I do agree with that a bit, I'm not going to name names cose its all a fun race.

my_bike

Likes Dirt
Just a little late, but does anyone know who else was taking the photos up there besides the ones on this thread?