Kingdom of one Banshee plus some black obsolete 26" carbon and a couple o' steel HT's

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Fair call.

Perhaps you could suggest they do away with the interchangeable dropouts and release all of the v3 banshee with 135qr and a straight 1 1/8 headtube.
Suggested they really should only do boost 29ers, and that OD2 was ripe for the plucking.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Fitted a dhx rc4 to the Rune. Took her out for a quick spin at red hill. Need to spend some time fine tuning it for supreme plushness. Was a little underwhelmed at how plush it was compared to the ccdba cs. Possibly need a 450lb spring. It did completely eat up some small rock gardens. Need to work on it on repetitive braking bumps. Was surprised at how well it pedalled.

Jake Parker

Cannon Fodder
Ideate and I are both using a DBCoil CS on the Spitfire.

I think it's better than the DB Air CS. Can feel a bit weird/bobby on flat trails (probably a setup thing), but pointed down it's awesome. The rear tracks way better and it's super plush.

Just recently put a dbcoil CS in my 16 spitty. So far I have been super impressed with it, in particular the small bump sensitivity and pedal efficiency, even when open there is less pedal bob then I anticipated. Do you mind sharing your tune?? I am about 75kg ready to ride and am running a super alloy 450 pound spring. From full open;
HSC - 3 turns
LSC- 5 Clicks
HSR - 2 turns
LSR - 14 clicks

Yew

Attachments

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dialled in the rc4 to feel amazing. Needed to back off the compression and rebound settings.

Not relevant to the above post but here are my settings.

I weigh 95kg (without kit) don't want to hit triple digits with kit haha

From fully open
LSC - 4 clicks
HSC - 2 clicks
Rebound - 4 clicks from slowest
Bottom out - 200psi - 3.5 turns
Preload - none

That is a slick looking spitty dude!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Just recently put a dbcoil CS in my 16 spitty. So far I have been super impressed with it, in particular the small bump sensitivity and pedal efficiency, even when open there is less pedal bob then I anticipated. Do you mind sharing your tune?? I am about 75kg ready to ride and am running a super alloy 450 pound spring. From full open;
HSC - 3 turns
LSC- 5 Clicks
HSR - 2 turns
LSR - 14 clicks
Umm... I think I just took the CCDB Air CS base tune from the Banshee website and added 1/2 a turn of HSC.
I'm about 84 or so geared now, on a 450lb steel spring... which is about 25lbs undersprung.

So that'd make it...

HSC - 2.5 turns
LSC - 5 clicks
HSR - 2 turns
LSR - 9 clicks

Having your LSR so high is probably why you're experiencing less pedal bob than I do, but I set mine up for this track down here...
[video=youtube;nQdS6QRiGpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQdS6QRiGpw[/video]

Everything feels fine riding that. Nice and poppy on the jumps, plush everywhere else. A bit rattly through the rocks but I'm not sure what to adjust for that without ruining the rest.
Can feel a little 'wallowy' (is that a word I can use in this context? Haha) on flatter XC styled terrain though.

Gonna ride some more XC tomorrow out at Lysterfield down here, so I'll try your LSR setting and see if it helps.

Soon I'm gonna order a Ti spring, and drop the Super Gravity tyres for regular SnakeSkin.
That should shed a good kilo or so... she's a bit of a beast to try and push around on flatter XC tracks.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No longer a little underwhelmed?
Nah I'm pretty stoked with how it's running now. I just did a shit job setting it up. Happy with the 500lb spring. May need to revisit sitting up my CCDBA cs to make it feel more like the coil. Or just leave the coil on there.

Yes.

You were right.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The spitfire is now for sale. I am splitting the kingdom. It will become a kingdom of one. Wife doesn't ride enough to have the spitty depreciating and I choose to ride the Rune 99% of the time.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sold the spitty. Bought a carbon nomad off a fellow burner. Swapped the wheels from alloy havens to carbon havens, bought a second hand Lev for it and pocketed 1k. Pretty happy with the downgrade.

Also the rune got some carbon derby wheels and xl rubber.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why why 10char?
Wanted to put away a bit of coin for a family holiday later in the year. Also the nomad had done the bulk of it's depreciating where as the spitty hadn't. And lastly have never owned a carbon bike so wanted to see what it's all bout.

Ideate

Wanted to put away a bit of coin for a family holiday later in the year. Also the nomad had done the bulk of it's depreciating where as the spitty hadn't. And lastly have never owned a carbon bike so wanted to see what it's all bout.
Wanted to save for a family holiday so I bought a Carbon Nomad lol..

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wanted to save for a family holiday so I bought a Carbon Nomad lol..
Haha. It sounds ludicrous. But.... After Lev and wheels the nomad cost $2300 and I sold the spitty for $3400 so I banked a fair chunk of change to pay for flights to Prague. Got to love the 27.5 fever.

Ideate

Haha. It sounds ludicrous. But.... After Lev and wheels the nomad cost $2300 and I sold the spitty for $3400 so I banked a fair chunk of change to pay for flights to Prague. Got to love the 27.5 fever.
Lose money on the Spitty? Why not buy some Hope V4's for the Rune and put the rest of the money into the holiday fund?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Is there overlap in te style of bike (nomad and rune) or have you got the set up for different types of terrain?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there overlap in te style of bike (nomad and rune) or have you got the set up for different types of terrain?
There is definitely overlap. Really the bikes are so my wife and I can go out riding together, I had a spitfire for her but for the amount of riding she did I though I would get something less expensive and the nomad was too good to pass up. Us riding together doesn't happen very often so the nomad is setup more for gravity with 180mm fox 36s and a coil shock with the push link installed. Haven't taken the nomad out on single track yet so be curious as to how it pedals compared to the rune. The rune will be bloody hard to beat at the moment.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rune got some new brakes. Hope tech 3 v4's. Thanks for planting the seed ideate. And thank to boom king for the rotors and brake adapters.

Ideate

How good do those callipers look!? I nearly bought some for the not so secret pump track build. I think I'll buy some $7 xt pads instead :(