Kingdom of one Banshee plus some black obsolete 26" carbon and a couple o' steel HT's

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Added some new rigs to the fleet and made some changes to the existing bikes. I clearly have a problem.

New additions:

2016 ragley piglet - custom build

2014 ragley piglet 2 - picked up second hand for the wife

Also made some changes to the rune.

- chucked on some hope tech 35w wheels
- replaced the reverb with a ks lev integra w/ southpaw
- replaced the pike with a manitou mattoc expert w/ irt
- replaced the dhx rc4 with a dvo jade
- replaced the battle scarred raceface turbine cranks with some m8000 xt ones

And to the nomad

- replaced the carbon haven wheels with some mavic crossmax enduro wheels
- replaced the zee brakes with hope tech v4's (not fitted yet am overseas with the hardtails)
- replaced the fox 36's with some pikes
- replaced the lower link and axles

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you find the 35W wheels?
I am beyond impressed with the 35w wheels.

I sold some carbon derby wheels in hope hubs because i was building up the piglet and i couldn't justify the derby's as i could buy two wheelsets for the price. I got the 35w from merlin for stupid cheap and some flow mk3 on hope.

Originally planned to run the 35w on the hardtail and the flows on the rune but liked the 35w so much i left them on the rune. Seem much stiffer than the flows.

I rate them as highly as i did the derby's in terms of stiffness and grip with low pressure, obviously being alloy there is a weight penalty. I am not super concerned with weight i's rather ride something reliable that i know is bombproof.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how do you find the DVO Jade Shock on the Rune?
I initially had some trouble setting up the jade. I ran a 450lb spring on the rc4 and found in the jade i was bottoming out too easily after filling up the bladder to the max pressure.

Also found after a pretty chilled ride at lysterfield there was oil leaking from the damper.

Sent some photos through to ronnie at dvo and he arranged for it to be send to nsd for a service under warranty. I sent it away and had it back within a week. They changed the seals and put a heavier weigh oil in it.

I picked up a 550lb cane creek vault spring for it and since the service and the heavier spring it has been flawless. Sensational small bump sensitivity.

The think the rc4 was an amazing shock in terms of how much it could be adjusted particularly with the bottom out control. Mine was due for a service and the dvo was on sale so i grabbed it.

It does play very nicely with the rune once set up correctly just not as versatile as the rc4 in my opinion.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I initially had some trouble setting up the jade. I ran a 450lb spring on the rc4 and found in the jade i was bottoming out too easily after filling up the bladder to the max pressure.

Also found after a pretty chilled ride at lysterfield there was oil leaking from the damper.

Sent some photos through to ronnie at dvo and he arranged for it to be send to nsd for a service under warranty. I sent it away and had it back within a week. They changed the seals and put a heavier weigh oil in it.

I picked up a 550lb cane creek vault spring for it and since the service and the heavier spring it has been flawless. Sensational small bump sensitivity.

The think the rc4 was an amazing shock in terms of how much it could be adjusted particularly with the bottom out control. Mine was due for a service and the dvo was on sale so i grabbed it.

It does play very nicely with the rune once set up correctly just not as versatile as the rc4 in my opinion.
Bit slower than the Topaz though...

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Wife's piglet got a new 18" frame with a lower standover height and went 1x11 with a 46t cassette.

She likes it a lot more now.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same same but different stealth rune

Sold the rune frame.

Felt the large was a touch too small for me always having a heap of seat post exposed. I had dreams of slamming the dropper post to the collar. Checking the geo for the new frames the 2018 large has a 20mm shorter seat post than my old 2014 but a slightly longer reach. I couldn't deal with any shorter so i ordered an XL frame. Grabbed a slightly shorter stem as the reach on the 2018 xl would be 28mm longer, with the 35mm stem it will only be 13mm.

Bunch of the parts are new but the drivetrain and brakes and bars i have brought over from my old rig.

Still waiting for most of the bits but here is the build list:

Frame: 2018 Banshee rune XL Stealth black w/DVO Jade
Headset: Hope pick and mix
Handlebars: Raceface SixC 35mm
Stem: Hope AM/FR 35
Fork: Cane Creek Helm Air 170mm
Seatpost: KS Lev integra 150mm w/ southpaw lever
Wheels: Hope tech 35w BOOST w/ 203mm Hope rotors
Tyres: Front: 2.6 WT DHF Rear: 2.5 WT DHF
Brakes: Hope Tech 3 V4
Cranks: XT m8000 w/ one up 32t nw chainring
Derailleur: XT m8000 11sp
Shifter: XTR m9000 11sp
BB: XT m800

Keen as to get this build and go for a ride.

Special mention the the azza for flogging off my parts whilst i am away overseas and enabling these purchases!

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sold the rune frame.

Felt the large was a touch too small for me always having a heap of seat post exposed. I had dreams of slamming the dropper post to the collar. Checking the geo for the new frames the 2018 large has a 20mm shorter seat post than my old 2014 but a slightly longer reach. I couldn't deal with any shorter so i ordered an XL frame. Grabbed a slightly shorter stem as the reach on the 2018 xl would be 28mm longer, with the 35mm stem it will only be 13mm.

Bunch of the parts are new but the drivetrain and brakes and bars i have brought over from my old rig.

Still waiting for most of the bits but here is the build list:

Frame: 2018 Banshee rune XL Stealth black w/DVO Jade
Headset: Hope pick and mix
Handlebars: Raceface SixC 35mm
Stem: Hope AM/FR 35
Fork: Cane Creek Helm Air 170mm
Seatpost: KS Lev integra 150mm w/ southpaw lever
Wheels: Hope tech 35w BOOST w/ 203mm Hope rotors
Tyres: Front: 2.6 WT DHF Rear: 2.5 WT DHF
Brakes: Hope Tech 3 V4
Cranks: XT m8000 w/ one up 32t nw chainring
Derailleur: XT m8000 11sp
Shifter: XTR m9000 11sp
BB: XT m800

Keen as to get this build and go for a ride.

Special mention the the azza for flogging off my parts whilst i am away overseas and enabling these purchases!
Flogging off AND selling your parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got some more 26" obsolete carbon going to leave it overseas where I am building so I don't have to travel with a bike when I return home to work.

Thanks for yuley and boom king for the various parts.

Sb66c W/ ccdb coil cs
X-fusion vengeance coil hlr
Hope tech e4 brakes
Hope rotors
Zelvy carbon rims laced to hope pro 2 Evo hubs
KS lev 150mm
XT m8000 drivetrain W/ sunrace 11-50 cassette
SLX m7000 cranks
Thomson stem 50mm
Race face sixc bars

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the sb66 out for a spin today.

Here's how it stacks up to the rune

Climbs really well, descends like a champ. Really happy with the coil in the front and back. The back end feels pretty stiff and solid unlike the nomad 2 which was one of my concerns with that bike. Still not as solid and stable as the rune though.

On the flats and climbs you really notice the weight saving. Pedals a lot better and not as much drag on flats (although that could be the 2.6 wt tyres I am running on the rune)

Rune feels a heap more stable at speed. Probably climbs better too, not as much pedal bob.

It feels a lot more nimble on the trails, probably a combination of 26", large frame vs xl and lighter.

The vengeance is decent, I reckon I would think better of it if I didn't ride a push converted 36 the day before. Had to dial in a bunch of compression damping but found a sweet spot, I might even back the lsc off a bit. For $279 plus the cost of a suitable spring it offers excellent performance for the money. In fact I have a pike I could steal from the nomad but prefer the vengeance.

Shits on the nomad C for a bike of the same era, although the nomad really feels bottomless with the push link and coil. I didn't bottom out the yeti though but rear doesn't feel as super plush as the nomad which is why is pedals better.

Rune is still number for me. Super stable and rigid at speed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Loved the SB66, great choice for a second bike without blowing the budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought I would list the spec on the rune as it stands as there have been some changes.

Frame: 2018 banshee rune v2 xl
Shock: Push elevensix
Fork: 2018 Fox 36 factory HSC/LSC with Push ACS3 coil kit
Wheels: Nextie carbon hoops (38mm external) laced to i9 torch hubs with dt competition spokes
Tyres: Front - Maxxis dhf 26x27.5. Rear - Maxxis dhr2 2.4x27.5
Brakes: Hope tech v4
Rotors: Hope floating rotors (203mm)
Cranks: Hope
Chainring: Hope direct mount (32t)
BB: Hope
Pedals: Hope f20
Stem: Hope am 35mm clamp 35mm length
Bars: Raceface sixc 35mm clamp
Seatpost: ks lev Integra 150mm W/ southpaw remote
Saddle: Fizik tundra 2
Shifter: XTR 11sp