Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Trail Build Days - 10th February 2018

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been advised there is not likely to be any DH track works happening.

3rd post ever, yay!

Had some feedback.

We will be meeting at the Soccer Fields on Barnet St.

We will be doing some planting to control the grass problem around the trail we put in below the fields.

In the remaining time we will do some refinements of some spots in these areas. Probably some rock armouring in areas which got muddy during the rain storms and I would like to put a berm in on the trail down to the gate. So get some features done.

Further details on bmorc.com

http://bmorc.com/node/55079

Last edited:

notime

Likes Dirt
I guess it all should have been mulched when we removed the Lantana, no surprise grass grew in it's place there.

Probably needs bulk mulch from the back of the field all the way down to stop the spread.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone who is coming who has a wheel barrow please bring it along as we will need to move some rock!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to all who turned up and worked hard as usual as well as Trish, Synergy Trails and the Bush Doctors.

We did a lot of planting in the area below the soccer fields as we have to meet certain environmental requirements as well. Over the last 2 years this has improved this area considerably and also has a cool bit of trail through it.

We also did some other work on some features. Gus working on drainage and a roller/jump that also will alleviate some water issues. We also did some extra tweaks on the trail elsewhere for drainage and started work on a rock berm that is needed.

Preparation was made for the helicopter rock drop for the DH and Synergy will be doing quite a few days of work on issues on the DH in the coming weeks.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Temporary Closure of Knapsack DH Track During Works.

A message from the BMCC.

"From the 21st June 2017 the Knapsack DH bike trail will be temporarily closed for construction and maintenance works.

Helicopter operations are planned to occur on that day, delivering bags of stone directly onto the downhill track. This means that there will be no physical through access for bikes at all.

Works are anticipated to commence late June and take 8 weeks to complete.

Please assist Blue Mountains City Council by remaining off the track throughout this time, and we’ll keep you posted of progress once works start."

notime

Likes Dirt
A message from the BMCC.

"From the 21st June 2017 the Knapsack DH bike trail will be temporarily closed for construction and maintenance works.

Helicopter operations are planned to occur on that day, delivering bags of stone directly onto the downhill track. This means that there will be no physical through access for bikes at all.

Works are anticipated to commence late June and take 8 weeks to complete.

Please assist Blue Mountains City Council by remaining off the track throughout this time, and we’ll keep you posted of progress once works start."
Are BMCC paying for this out of our own pocket or State Gov any grants etc?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cancelled 26th August Build Day

Just a heads up for anyone who was planning going to the build day this Saturday the 26th August that it has been cancelled, or postponed.

We called for this because a lot of us were unable to make it from BMORC and also BMCC didn't have anything organised so it was felt it would be an unproductive exercise considering the small budget we have allocated.

We will try to make sure the next build day has more operations planned ahead.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thanks miggle for the heads up!!! I nearly forgot about this... its been a long time.

I have asked council for some details of what we might be doing but have as yet to receive a reply. If I get details I will post them up.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just been advised by council that this day has been moved to the 13th of January 2018 because of impending bad weather for Saturday and difficulty for scheduling for Synergy and some of us.

Sorry about that for anyone intending to come along. Hopefully the January date will work better for all involved and hopefully have clear skies!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just heard from BMCC that there is a build day this Saturday 10th February at Knapsack. 8am to 2pm with a possibility of a BBQ lunch provided (this is to be be determined by feedback).

Adrian from Synergy with be working with Clinton on the DH. There is also the potential to work on the XC if we get enough numbers to do that. I am not sure what work is planned there.

It will also be a good opportunity to have some communication as things have stalled a bit of late.

So if you can come RSVP on the BMORC website or here.

http://bmorc.com/node/56227

More details to come as they become clear. At this stage I assume we would be meeting at the gate at Lovers Walk on Barnett Street.

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a bump for this. So far there seems to be very little interest in this.

If anyone is coming who has seen this bring loppers and any other tools you have.

Apparently clearing back some of the overgrown veg as well as concentrating on doing small fixes on various areas with drainage or braking issues.

Last edited: