Knee pad suggestions

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Dianese Trailskins......
never had the need for pads until i started riding more technical
gravity trails , gap jumps that sort of stuff, very glad i did as these have saved my knees a few times already, they're light and unobtrusive , you'll for get you've got'em on
Another positive review for the dianese. Very good pad for tech riding, and importantly for aus they breath really well. Just don't expect em to hold up on big crashes. But no light knee pad will be good for full on dh applications.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't tried a heap of knee pads but I have the G-force ones. I think they are only good for light duty, definitely not for hardcore DH riding. I'm pretty sure they would slide straight off your knee at a high speed crash but for general trail riding they are excellent. They are very light and comfortable, you don't really know they are there. I have had them for over a year, washed them a lot and they are starting to get a few small holes in the material but still useable.

Last edited:

Buntley

Likes Dirt
Another endorsement for the Dianese trail skins. They are light and they breath well.
Had the 661 rage knee pads. I didn't mind them but they fell apart.

Misfitdave

Likes Bikes
do the Dianese Trailskins come in feeling small or large compared to their sizing chart?

am interested as they're well endorsed.

CHeers.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
I've got a set of trailskins and wouldn't recommend them. Pretty basic protection and the thin mesh fabric tears easily. They will also slide easily in an impact.

I wear my nukeproofs instead. Go a proper set imo.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a set of trailskins and wouldn't recommend them. Pretty basic protection and the thin mesh fabric tears easily. They will also slide easily in an impact.

What's the ventilation like on the nukeproofs?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt

probably not comparing apples with apples

the trailskins are a light set of pads, not like the nukeproofs

I can do 50km using the trailskins on a 30 deg day, think I would suffer if I were wearing the nukeproofs

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I just bought some TLD KG5400's after removing most of the skin from my knees the other weekend.
They look bulky, but after a test fit in store for sizing they are fantastic. They feel a lot smaller than they are, but still offer solid knee protection.

beaumont

Likes Bikes

I've had the complete opposite experience with the Trailskins. The only pads that I've owned that haven't slipped on me, saved my knees at Barjarg and Youies plus I can ride all day long hardly noticing I'm even wearing them!

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had the complete opposite experience with the Trailskins. The only pads that I've owned that haven't slipped on me, saved my knees at Barjarg and Youies plus I can ride all day long hardly noticing I'm even wearing them!
ditto..........

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They look good, and appear to be a little more hardy then the trail skins. Any idea how they hold up in the heat? Brisbane gets friggin steamy, especially this time of year.
not sure about heat, not as much of an issue in Canberra. quite a few reviews around.

As18258

Squid
kneepads

I bought troy lee designs kneepads and there great they are great to pedal in and they offer good protection. the only problem for you is that they are 80 dollars.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Thought I'd bump this one up rather than start another thread..

Anyone have any experience with the 7iDP Transition Knee Pads? Thought it would be a wise move to start wearing pads after my recent 2nd left knee incident (I currently don't use any pads). Figure I should as I'm riding a few drops, gaps and rocky/techy descents these days now that I've gone #fullenduro

Keen for something lightweight as I do a bit of pedalling. The Transitions look good. Either those or the iDP Flex.