Knee Pads

smasher29er

Likes Bikes
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/tld-t-bone-knee-pads TLD are my new favorites, I have a pair of Leatt sleeve style ones and some original dainese trail skin and each has their pros and cons, But my next pair will be another TLD's. I have also tried on some IXS carves which are also nice.

Personally I have just gotten used to riding with pads and since about 2 rides, I dont even notice having them on anymore and feel naked without them

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I just got some IXS Flow through the post from a shop in Melbourne, does anybody know if they stretch as the Large are a smidge too tight.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I just got some IXS Flow through the post from a shop in Melbourne, does anybody know if they stretch as the Large are a smidge too tight.
Not really from experience - I ended up selling mine as they are smaller than other XLs.

So what am I going to replace them with? IXS don't do XXL :(

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Knee pads rule. Saved me again yesterday on a stupid low speed spill checking out a new track. Still unsure what happened or how I've gone from 2kmh upright on the bike to what felt like getting pile driven into the ground...ringing ears, feeling of vomit and a sore knee...but my knee is good as gold today lol (Sam Hill 7iDP's).

The new Chromag Rift look good too but out of stock everywhere after the Canadians bought them all

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Anyone used the Dakine Slayer Pros? Seem like a good option that I can get locally and have an opening big enough to accommodate thicc bois

all entendres intended...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Please let us know, interested in these myself...
First ride in these today - they were pretty comfortable on the bike, and didn't really notice them. They are a bit stiff off the bike, but they might break in a bit.

Also, they are really long on me haha - went XL for the thiccccness but they end up covering a lot of my shin and are higher on the thigh too. If you're tall or normal sized legs for height these should work well.

Still rate the IXS as slightly better in comfort and fit, but these are decent too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
First ride in these today - they were pretty comfortable on the bike, and didn't really notice them. They are a bit stiff off the bike, but they might break in a bit.

Also, they are really long on me haha - went XL for the thiccccness but they end up covering a lot of my shin and are higher on the thigh too. If you're tall or normal sized legs for height these should work well.

Still rate the IXS as slightly better in comfort and fit, but these are decent too.
Cheers, I'm more tall than thicc, so the extra height would probably be good for me!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I kneed knee pads. I'm old, my left knee is forked. I have had surgery. It carries liquid. I crashed recently and now have the pleasure of bursitis.
I kneed something for a hot place.
Recommendations please.
K.
Thanks.

edit - I like to ride for a maximum of two hours. Up big hills then down them.
It's been a while but what pads did you go for in the end?

I just found these and they look perfect for FNQ conditions - https://theloamwolf.com/2020/03/25/review-pearl-izumi-elevate-knee-guards/

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Repost from the last thread.

If you are prepared to take a $$$ risk, go on reviews and internet sizing, you can snag a great deal online.

Many times I have ate a small loss for bigger gain with shoes, knees and the likes. Sell on FB marketplace at a small loss (sometimes a gain) and get the right size.
Most of the time its because there is no local stock and they dont even exist in Adelaide or Australia.

POC Joint VPD system knees and elbows cost me around $100 each from online places, both fitted really well luckily... but that came from online measurements, online reviews on sizing and failures with others.

They are $200 each here, they are very pedal friendly medium protection knees... elbows dont matter just so much for riding comfort except for sweat and heat reasons, but still need to feel nice.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Any thoughts on knee/shin guards? My son wants to get some Leatt 3DF Hybrid EXT ones on special at Pushys. Are these really cumbersome for pedalling or not that big a deal?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Any thoughts on knee/shin guards? My son wants to get some Leatt 3DF Hybrid EXT ones on special at Pushys. Are these really cumbersome for pedalling or not that big a deal?
Ive been smashing a set of $50 Fox Enduros lately, easy to wear and cheap to boot. Wouldnt say they give a lot of protection but light and easy to wear means you will wear them more often than not.

My POC Systems are a bit more enduro and shuttle, meaning I was riding with bare-shaven knees more than with knee pads.

Might try the new d30 version when these are done but I'm nearly at a year and only 1 small hole at the back of the right knee.