kona scrap anyone?

LoveB

Likes Dirt
I know they are rather old and as I posted in the bmx section I got a bmx the other day and took it to the dirt jumps first time today (it was fun although im sure I have a lot more to learn) lol And I have someone who wants to swap the bmx for his kona stuff.

bmx I have is the eastern sequence. my body does hurt a bit from the jumps however its obviously my first time out so thats a given. lol Not sure whether to go for it cause I think the bmx is just heaps fun. Although I've never actually tried a dj bike so I wouldnt really know what I'm comparing to... So yes.. .Any suggestions about the kona? take it or leave it?

id say give the bmx a try on trails, itll be a bit rough for the first few times but you will learn to be smooth and get used to it. if you still dont like it that much, ask to ride the kona for a bit and see how you like it. personally i think the konas geometry is really outdated (long chainstays and high seat tube)

also specs of both bikes would help.

LoveB

Likes Dirt
yeah from what I've read the kona was good but outdated now.

both aer pretty much standard. I may end up keeping the bmx as I wanna go out and ride it again today but will have to wait till tomorrow. fairly sure the muscle pain I'm feeling at the moment is normal anyway.Told the guy we could meet up and try it out I guess. Although at the latter part of my day at the jumps once I started getting a hang of it it felt way better and not harsh at all. I think it was mostly when I would still land on the flat part as opposed to the landing part lol

yeah thatll happen. once you get the landing right youll be fine on a bmx. took me a while to get used to one, but once you do they are heaps on fun on pretty much anything.

tanny

Likes Bikes
I've got a black Kona Scrap frame you can have, it'll free up some space... FOR MORE BIKE STUFF!!!

tanny

Likes Bikes
have as in.... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???? :eyebrows:
If you're in Melbourne and can pick it up it's all yours. Frame's got some Truvativ cranks fitted, you'll just need to throw on wheels and fork and stuff.

Last edited:

LoveB

Likes Dirt
I'm in Canberra but usually down there as the missus parents are there! I'll find out when I'm there next and pm you. Atleast now I can keep the bmx and have an old dj bike. lol yay!

Or could you be bothered posting it out if I paid for postage? :eek:

tanny

Likes Bikes
No worries. I'd prefer not to post it, don't really have time sorry mate. More then happy to hold onto until you're down here. Doesn't matter how long it takes you, I'll just leave it in the shed.