Kovarik in Whistler

S.

ex offender
By far the best 2 mins of riding footage I've seen this year:
[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Chris-Kovarik-with-Summer-of-Summit-2011.html[/video]

Those fireroads have seriously sharp drops at the edges.... run wide and you're in BIG trouble!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any footage with Kovarik in it is epic footage.
But i just saw 2 mins of it. Holy crap

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hooley dooley, those lines look puny when he is riding it that fast!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So glad that it's not filmed with sweeping scenery shots or 'a day in the life of' bullshit. And some actual panning. Any hipster can sit with a tree in view, with the camera oof.

This reminds me of Plush 2 and the section in chainsmoke 2.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If only to be able to ride like that :eek:hwell:!! How long was that jump towards the end ??!! Anyone know what that song was (it pumps)!! :music:? Awesome !! :clap2:

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome footage but unbearable music, what is wrong with the americans/canadians!
Piss off, that is some of the best fitting music I've seen in a riding vid lately! So glad they moved away from the current trend of dubstep or dance music. Kovarik is Aussie so I don't see anythign wrong with Americans/Canadians?

Truly rad vid and rad bloke. Some crazy moves there.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this is the first dh/freeride video ive enjoyed watching in a long time. all of the dh videos seem the same to me with the same generic music (glitch mob..), this was a great change!

S.

ex offender
Awesome footage but unbearable music, what is wrong with the americans/canadians!
Lamb of God is mostly just angry generic screamy metal but that particular song (Redneck) is brilliant.

Anyone who's been to Whistler understands just how sharp the edges of those fireroads are... fuck up just one of those drifts and you're hospitalised at the very least!

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was sitting at the bottom of the fireroad after unamoss, he was flying. sounded like a freight train coming down the hill, fully tucked and pedalling. mental.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As for the music debate.
The music will change the edit. The glitch mob style will allow for more slow mo. and stuff like that.
But the heavier stuff will allow for a fast flowing, Insane clip.
So in this case. The music does suit this edit.
And that makes it way better.