kyle straigth vs 661 evo

Kaleb_t

Likes Dirt
did a search the threads on this went no where.

has anyone got any comments on both or either ive tried them both and thought that the evo offerd more comfort but the kyle straights were slightly longer (i thought anyway) any one used any of these how the feel protect allow movement etc....

thanks

mudmav

Likes Dirt
I cant vouch for the kyle striaghts but i can for the evo's. I was wearing them when i had a couple of big crashes at buller and they protected my knees and upper shin really well, and didnt rip or tear even when landing on huge rocks. I have since had a big crash on the bitumen, was riding home from my local DH trails and their is a big long stretch of bitumen, was recovering from a broken ankle (did it at buller), anyways the ankle gave way doing about 40km an hour and i went over the bars and knees and head first into the road at 40kmh. Smashed my helmet into 2 pieces and landed hard on my knees straight onto the bitumen. Anyway 1 dislocated shoulder, a concussion and a broken helmet later, the only damag 2 the evos was a small tear above the main kneepad were the secondary d30 is. Im still wearing them and their is nothing wrong with them and i have had plenty more crashes since then and they are holding upwell. Plus they are hell comfy, i forget im wearing them until i crash and think thank god for those knee pads

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
did a search the threads on this went no where.

has anyone got any comments on both or either ive tried them both and thought that the evo offerd more comfort but the kyle straights were slightly longer (i thought anyway) any one used any of these how the feel protect allow movement etc....

thanks
Kyle Straights are great. But the Evo's are smaller. If you plan to wear them under your long pants i.e. TLD GP pants....get the Evo's.

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
Evos are alot dearer.like 180 compared to 60 ish, just off the top of my head.i really like the feel of my evo's and the d3o technology.as said above you dont notioce your wearing then and mine arnt even damaged after heaps of dh crashes

Josh222

Likes Dirt
I vote for the kyle straights.

The way to go is for the kyle straights because just say you come out of a corner and fall at a very slow speed... The evos work my molecules being very loose at first (thats why they feel so thin) and when feeling impact they tighten and protect you leg.. so any way if you have a slow speed crash with the evo's you really hurt your knee. It is like just having cloth over your knee:eek:. Any way when you are actually Riding not pissing around at the shuttle port like a girl showing off your evo's the Kyle Straights are way better!!:D

geeba

Likes Bikes
the kyle straights are excellent

ive had the kyle straights for ages and they seem to stay put and dont slip down . get a firm fit though. you can pedal quiet comfotably in them as well.they have saved me heaps of times and are one of the best set of pads you can buy

The GloryMan

Likes Bikes
Agree with all the above comments, i love the kyle strait's super good fit comfortable and after a couple of runs you do not notice they are on. Had some good stacks and always protected well.

boxx(downhill)er

Likes Dirt
i own the kyle straights and they have taken big hits at thready which would have mangeled my knee but held strong and have never slipped down my leg but they have been getting caught lately on my frame and making loose threads and eventuly coming apart. im guessing the material is the same in the evo's but i will be getting evo's next time as i tend to wear moto pants alot.

sharp

like a spoon
kyle straits are great because they dont slip at all under impact. dont know about the evo's but the kyle straits probably have around the same amount of protection or a bit more for a cheaper price.

leighcosa

Likes Bikes
just purchased some straights and they are really comfortable, you almost dont notice them apart from the sweaty aspect. I cant vouch for the evos as i havent used them, but the straights i got from TBSM for 80 bucks delivered which i believe is much..much cheaper than the evos

By the way i dont think these are meant for major impacts as they are "soft" but do contain a hard shell inside the knee section which saved me last week, still got a bruise but definately stopped my skin from being ripped apart

my 2c

either way enjoy!