Lake Mountain Cascades Epic, Twice!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the shuttle up for the epic Lake Mountain Cascades trail.
Even with the bus ride up its still an epic 28kms long with 580m of vertical climbing and total descending of over 1000m.
Turns out it's a very physical trail both for the legs and upper body! But we decided to do it twice, with the 2nd run absolutely draining me haha.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Finally got there on the weekend. Two laps is crazy. Nice video, was good to see someone hit the features I went around. Still pretty sketchy with jumping and figured a nasty fall up there would require some logistics getting down. Two laps.. haha

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I love how different each section is. When I was there, it was alpine hero dirt up top then you get the ferns and bush and then you get machine built clay berms and jumps for days... Great effort to do two full runs. I was cooked after one run.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Nice video. I've learned that any EPIC trail that claims to be short and starts top of the hill is false confidence :p

You are nuts for doing it twice in decent time. I prefer the buxton/lake mtn double.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers guys, yeah it was a big day in the end. I have been up there a few times always done the single. Saw it as a challenge to try and get a double done. Such a physical trail with all the pumping a turning.
By the end of the 2nd run I'd just about had enough and was making silly mistakes, such as the little OTB when I hung up the front wheel on a steep section.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love how different each section is. When I was there, it was alpine hero dirt up top then you get the ferns and bush and then you get machine built clay berms and jumps for days... Great effort to do two full runs. I was cooked after one run.
That's what I love about it too, all the rocky raw stuff up top, mixed with some flowing sections and jump lines. Then you have the epic steep descent in the 2nd half, just magic.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Just did it again today, summit climb all the way to the end. Was starting to feel a bit... Weathered at the end of it. Seriously, fuck going back up for a second run

You're flat out bonkers chriso. I tip my hat to you

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Just did it again today, summit climb all the way to the end. Was starting to feel a bit... Weathered at the end of it. Seriously, fuck going back up for a second run

You're flat out bonkers chriso. I tip my hat to you

@leitch and I were up there as well. 8am shuttle. Weather was perfect despite the average forecast

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@leitch and I were up there as well. 8am shuttle. Weather was perfect despite the average forecast
I did a casual 1030 shuttle, was a little dusty but weather was perfection. Right down to a little drizzle on the approach to Marysville and some rain for the bakery feed after.

Ripper day, goddamn those chutey bermy descents are stupid fast fun!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ripper day, goddamn those chutey bermy descents are stupid fast fun!
First time for me at LM today and I loved it, thanks Matt. Well worth the trip and a great ride. Really enjoyed the variation in terrains and the mix of tech/flowy/jumps etc and a bit of climbing to keep it honest. Will definitely be back.

teK--

Eats Squid
Geez 2 runs! Just one and we are pretty gassed by the time we reach the end. Would be happy to take the shuttle halfway and just do the bottom half twice though :D

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Did it last weekend with friends.

Most managed OK it was quite tiring despite the statistics , maybe it was the sudden steep climbs and altitude , lots of concentration , technical in parts.
Loved the A rock lines up higher and big berms down the steep face .
90 % was brilliantly designed but the up and down on the north side of ridge about 4 -5 km from the end needs some work .
Either way to do it twice in a day, is heroic.
Highly recommend it to experienced riders.