Lake Mountain Cascades Epic, Twice!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was there Sunday as well.
There was heaps more climbing and constant up and down terrain than I expected.
Probably wasn’t really prepared for it in terms of research or fueling up so had a hard time enjoying the descents because I was so shagged from the climbs and undulating terrain. Didn’t help I was on way too much bike.
There were some definite sweet spots but would probably only shuttle the bottom half next time.
Full respect to Chriso for doing it twice.

orco

Likes Bikes
I was there Sunday as well.
There was heaps more climbing and constant up and down terrain than I expected.
Probably wasn’t really prepared for it in terms of research or fueling up so had a hard time enjoying the descents because I was so shagged from the climbs and undulating terrain. Didn’t help I was on way too much bike.
There were some definite sweet spots but would probably only shuttle the bottom half next time.
Full respect to Chriso for doing it twice.
How would you shuttle the bottom half? Is it up Sunds Road? If so where to?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How would you shuttle the bottom half? Is it up Sunds Road? If so where to?
There is no easy way to shuttle just the epic 2nd half descent, Sunds rd unfortunately is already halfway down.
I would shuttle to the ticket gate at the junction of Lake Mountain Rd and Camerons Cascade Tk. You will still have about 3.5km of a little bit of climbing and some flatter sections to do but will then get the full 9km descent in.

orco

Likes Bikes
There is no easy way to shuttle just the epic 2nd half descent, Sunds rd unfortunately is already halfway down.
I would shuttle to the ticket gate at the junction of Lake Mountain Rd and Camerons Cascade Tk. You will still have about 3.5km of a little bit of climbing and some flatter sections to do but will then get the full 9km descent in.
Cool, thanks heaps for that.