Lake Mountain Trail Modifications - OR - 'How to ruin an awesome trail'

rsclio

Likes Dirt
Thanks JD but thats just the Saturday event Granite Grind not the Sunday Shuttle event
From the lake mountain website
"The Granite Grind is returning to Lake Mountain for 2015 with more fun and variety to suit everyone from the seasoned pro to weekend warrior. Lock in the 21st of February and join in a one, two or challenging three lap race across some of Victorias most beautiful alpine scenery. Yarra Valley Cycles are providing a fleet of DEMO bikes with KONA, GIANT, LAPIERRE and NORCO all ready to try
Sunday - Arnold's Adventure. Test ride a brand new DEMO bike from Yarra Valley Cycles over this brand new descending single track with shuttle to the top"

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
I'll get you some details for the Sunday event Clio, I'll reply here and in the Granite Grind thread… 3 weeks to go!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Shuttles available between 9am and 2pm on the Sunday - it isn't a race or timed, it is suited to those who want to check out the demo bikes from YVC and not have to ride as much vert and or get a chance to ride more bikes in a shorter time frame. It may be possible to ride down to the ticket box though this is still yet to be decided. It isn't ridden in yet or buffed (don't want the internet to melt down again)... Cost will be around $20 for as many as you want to fit in. Pay on the day.

Tentative volunteer/trail build day is Feb 14.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

petertronica

Likes Dirt
Hey OCD,

is the new trail easy to find if I head up this weekend?

And great news about the trail build day, pencil me in!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Hi, I amended my post above to clarify info.

Not sure about where to start the new track - it is designed to be one way so will you ride the road back up? I haven't been up to see what the LM team have done yet, sorry I can't help with that. Email the LM admin for guidance/permission maybe?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Tentative volunteer/trail build day is Feb 14.

Hope this helps.
Valentines Day- yeah good one guys. I have a bucks on as well. I can see how this will turn out- "Hey honey I need to pop up to Lake Mountain for the day to do some digging before heading out for the night with the boys to do bucks stuff- lets do Valentine's next month."

I idea of digging with you on Valentines Day OCDr is quite appealing to me- the wife not so much.

rsclio

Likes Dirt
Nice work on the trails up there
Got out yesterday with the 2 sons for some testing of bikes and new trails
It's great riding up there Great work on the trails OCD'R nice to meet you too - I had the 1 super fast son and the one who stuggled with the hills

With some more rain and bedding in that bottom section will be great too

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Thread dig - interesting to read over the thread again a few years after...

I rode some of the new new stuff today (dirt art work and LM crew sections) - it really is awesome. Lots of variety, better than Epic already IMO and not all easy work. This will be a one run ride, I was knackered after a short mid section. FYI trail is not open as yet, will try and find out more in the coming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk