Lame claims to fame and shame.

mellow

Banned
dick.

maybe 25 years ago, I am at Timika in Western Papua, a waitin' fo the plane.
Fancy chopper lands. Out hops skinny guy call Dick Smith.
Now the " v.i.p lounge " was a picnic table. So we had a chat.
The guy is the real thing.
He asked about me, listened, and gave much of his genuine enthusiasm.

I have met many pugs in my time.
Johnny Famechon was an absolute gentleman. Honest and giving and a soul bound for heaven.
Barry Michael loved his job.
Bob Jones was very generous to us country hicks in the big smoke. Gave us the keys to the city.
One or two big timers were the worst sexist racist loudmouthed pig criminals.
Mixed bag of lollies I suppose.

mellow

Banned
where do I belong ?

I am very lame, and also a fuckwit ( see fuckwit page ). I'll see who I offend here.

I am old and fat enough to have been frequently humiliated, when triathlon was a new " thing ", by a kid from Mirriwinni, called Brad Beven. Marcel Dekivieth gave him some though, and he was older than me.

O.k so not mtb, and we precious folk can't cross the line.

A while ago.

Came down Copperlode range ( bitumen ), on road bikes, at froot loop speed, with some guy named Sean McCarroll. Apparently he rode a mountain bike sometime. Freak skills.

On a training ride up the wiggly bitumen of the Gillies range, came across a really nice young fellow, doing the same thing, who introduced himself as Mick Hannah.

Some kid up here wrestled crocodiles for a trophy. Calls himself Adam Hansen. I haven't met him since he was a kid, so doesn't really count.
But my kids have Hanseeno jerseys and stop me ranting as soon as I start. Yep I'm a fan.
What he is achieving on a roadie is, without misusing the word, legendary.

So I'll just take my mobility scooter down to the bowls club, and have a shandie or two.

mellow

Banned
nutter

Barry Sheene ( rip ) touched my mate on the neck.

It was in the pits, after he had just pulled in after putting a K100 through a barbed wire fence, BEARS meet ( support to Supers years ago ). Suppose they didn't figure you'd slide that far. Or hay was short that year.

The touch didn't miracle cure or stem the blood though. Gave us a durrie and a light and a laugh.

He near binned the ag bike departing through the drain. He was a hoot.