Lame claims to fame and shame.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
A few years back I went tenpin bowling at our local alley. Carl Barron came in with a few mates and started bowling next to us.

workmx

Banned
What would you bring back to 1012?

Theoretical question:

If you could travel in time (one-way) what would you bring back to 1012, that could make the lives of humans materially better?

workmx

Banned
Theoretical question:

If you could travel in time (one-way) what would you bring back to 1012, that could make the lives of humans materially better?
How did this get here???

Must have been the haze before my moring coffee.

safreek

I had dinner with Rolf Harris once. And by that I mean I had dinner at the same time in the same restaurant as Rolf. He was very good about a bunch of drunks getting him to autograph napkins though.

Got touched on the .
having a bit of a search on the site and came across this beauty:evil:, pre court case though. Thread resurrected

stirk

Burner
Came across Huge Jackman at a pet 'farm' outlet in Westfield's Bondi Junction, you know the pet shops with dogs and cats in the window, anyhow, the wife was surprised and excited, the animals were sad and indifferent.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
having a bit of a search on the site and came across this beauty:evil:, pre court case though. Thread resurrected
Epic grave dig! Been having a few chuckles in here.

I had dinner with Rolf Harris once. And by that I mean I had dinner at the same time in the same restaurant as Rolf. He was very good about a bunch of drunks getting him to autograph napkins though.
I sat on his lap at the Opera House and we sang a duet of Iko Iko. It was a lot of fun. Then he licked my (then) lady friend on the ear and asked if she would like to stick around after I left. I've got a photo of it all somewhere.

Came across Huge Jackman at a pet 'farm' outlet in Westfield's Bondi Junction, you know the pet shops with dogs and cats in the window, anyhow, the wife was surprised and excited, the animals were sad and indifferent.
...briefly in the early days of his x-men filming fame I apparently bore a slight resemblance to the wolverine character (similar hair and side burns). It went on for a few years climaxing when they filmed part of one of the films here in Newcastle. I was accosted by a young lady during dinner in a cafe in a case of mistaken identity. Then a few days later another girl hit me up about it all. I think she was taking a lot of drugs as she was convinced I was the comic book version rather than film version. I also copped it while buying a mobile phone. Then my hair fell out and the confusion ended.

safreek

Epic grave dig! Been having a few chuckles in here.

I sat on his lap at the Opera House and we sang a duet of Iko Iko. It was a lot of fun. Then he licked my (then) lady friend on the ear and asked if she would like to stick around after I left. I've got a photo of it all somewhere.
just be grateful it wasn't "jake the peg"

once met a bloke who said he was the main man in tism, fucked if I know though as he didn't have a mask on. He said that the mask was at home if I wanted to see it (true story). Not falling for that trick a second time.

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
All the time at work.
I get called out by name for thanks by plenty of big name artists/celebrities at live shows.

Also plenty of "celebrities" for whom I go "who are you again?"

Also lots of things I refuse to admit to.

stirk

Burner
All the time at work.
I get called out by name for thanks by plenty of big name artists/celebrities at live shows.

Also plenty of "celebrities" for whom I go "who are you again?"

Also lots of things I refuse to admit to.
You're the local dealer aren't you?

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Once bumped into Leroy Loggins in Coles and had a little chat while waiting in line at the registers. Would have been in the mid-90's.

Sat behind Tim Freedman (of The Whitlams) at a Brisbane Lions game at the Gabba once.

In a previous life I was a high school teacher, three of my students went on to form the band Violent Soho. (I also knew the 4th member, he wasn't in any of my actual classes however.)

Last edited: