Lame claims to fame and shame.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The fact that it was his right hand on her left breast indicates she saw him coming, rather than a sneaky approach from behind. :whistle:
If you are called Nuclear Powered then these things must happen. Our names will get us nowhere

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Beej1

Love your work for Tony. Well done.
The second claim to fame is killer. How did this happen?
Literally the second or third night of my first trip to the USA in '96, at the Virgin Music Megastore in West Hollywood. We literally turned toward each other at the same time, completely by accident, she trod on my foot so I couldn't back away, she started falling toward/on top of me, and my hands just went anywhere to stop the fall.

It was like, less than half a second, and embarrassing - for both of us.

The funny part is, I had no idea who she was other than some attractive slightly older lady (she was wearing thick rim glasses). I said "I'm ... really sorry ... that ... yeah ... I kinda ... yeah ... sorry" and she just smiled "it's ok, I trod on your foot with these heels are you ok?" "Yeah fine, it's fine" And walked off.

My friend who we were staying with, who worked there, came over to me eyes-wide saying "what did you do?!?!" I explained, the he's like "You realise that's Sharon Stone yeah?" "Bullshit. No way" I look over and sure enough, it was.

To this day ... Were I Arnie's character in Total Recall, in the hotel scene where he has to decide if he's the good guy with the dark haired chick, or the bad guy with Sharon Stone ... I'd pick the latter, no question.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Great story. Worth the trip for certain

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was buying a fridge at Hardly Normal and all the televisions had the V8's on the screen showing Craig Lowndes doing dounuts after a win. Look at the bloke infront of me buying a washing machine and realise it's Craig Lowndes looking a bit uncomfortable.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Had lunch in Sydney last week. Bob Carr was sitting at the table next to us. He looks old....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Bob Carr always reminded me of Bishop the android from Aliens.

----------

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Met Pantera once for a CD signing... Had my picture taken with Ari Vatenen (WRC Legend). My partner was once cracked onto by the famous sleaze bag Peter Brock (what a cunt...). Sat behind Peter Garrett at a local government event in Knox.

I always avoid the events at work when the Minister comes to rally the troops - he might ask questions of the crowd and i might be inclined to say what I think, which will only ever be a career limiting move.

Once passed Tony Abbot on my way to work. Early morning, airport end of the lake - three of his goons come past in the opposite direction, then Tony. We are all on high end roadies and moving pretty quickly, so there was just enough time for me to recognise him, and for him to realise I had recognised him and give me a creepy self important smirk. Alas there was not enough time for me to process all this and get my arm out in a clothes line move... I apologise.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Had racing driver & former Ch. 10 F1 host Cameron McConville in the shop once. Asked if he could borrow the toilet. "I'll put it back when I've finished".

Also have an Olympic gold medallist sailor as a semi-regular customer when she's on this side of the country - Belinda Stowell, won gold in Sydney in 2000. Her other half is a fella by the name of Arthur Brett, who's also won several world championships.

Last edited:

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had racing driver & former Ch. 10 F1 host Cameron McConville in the shop once. Asked if he could borrow the toilet. "I'll put it back when I've finished".

Also have an Olympic gold medallist sailor as a semi-regular customer when she's on this side of the country - Belinda Stowell, won gold in Sydney in 2000. Her other half is a fella by the name of Arthur Brett, who's also won several world championships.
Hey I used to sail a lot with Arthur back in the 70's/80's! We were very early windsurfer pioneers when we were both working as sailmakers.

My best lame fame claim from a mtb aspect is riding (briefly!) with Richie Rude in Rotorua last February - got my only celeb photo op with him at a café.
Shared a bush once having a pre-start piss with Derek Ringer (Colin McRaes co-driver) at Rally of Canberra.
Had a dance with a couple of grid-girls and Possum Bourne at Harbour City Rally 2001.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
A good 20 years ago, when I was a lowly public servant working for the department of health, I found myself in an awesome job. I was working in the records / mail area, and got to be a departmental courier driver. We had several offices that kinda fell under our department, their mail would come to the central area, we'd sort it, hop in a department car and deliver it to them. Was brilliant - hop in a car you didn't own, and spend a couple of hours driving around town dropping off mail.

Part of it was delivering ministerials to Parliament House though, to the offices of the ministers we had at the time (Michael Wooldridge, Bronny Bishop, and another I can't remember). Was incredible how lax security was back then - we had a shared pass, x-ray of the bag, and we were in. I'd stroll past the PM's office daily.

I didn't ever dress up for work - hell, I was driving around all day delivering mail, and when I wasn't doing that I was back in the office sorting mail. So it was jeans, t-shirt (possibly of a metal band), sneakers type of stuff.

So one day I'm heading down a hall in Parliament House, and Alexander Downer and a group of people are heading the other way. He looked at me like I was a lump of shit on the bottom of his (likely expensive) shoes. I'm still surprised he didn't call security. It was the highlight of that job, knowing I'd ruffled the feathers of that shit stain of a man.

TL:DR - I made Alexander Downer frown and hopefully made him feel slightly uncomfortable.

mellow

Banned
yep.

I was 17.
At about 3 in the morning my 16 year old girlfriends dad ( large ,hard , underground miner ) bangs on my door.
Moments later we're up and dressed and innocent.
He pointed out her skirt was inside out.
Went downhill from there.

About the same time defended some drunk dickhead from overzealous bouncer. Turns out he had an aus heavy kickboxing title. I went home sad.

Couple years later Bondy and Kerry Packer walked off the old xxxx ( big fat gutted sailboat ) where we were standing. They both acknowledged me and my mate.
Well in reality, we were down having a gander at the boat and my mates' girlfriend, now his wife, was with us , and was smokin' hot. She attracted a lot of attention.

Knew one of the " richest 10 people " in aus quite well socially. Won't say who cause he's a deadest cunt that would shit on his mother. People worship the fuckwit. Would and has fucked lives and families for lucre. I turn and walk the other way before he recognises me. Dogshit Scum.

Love your family people.

mellow

Banned
more sillyness

end of day one of Finke desert race maybe 22-23 years ago.
Everyone is rooted and camping out, drinking piss etc.
Dick Johnsons F truck has shit itself way back. DNF.
Got a chopper back back to Alice the soft cock.
He did have a couple beers and a chat though. Regular ballbag like you and I. kudos.

Next night, at the presentation event was the infamous food fight. Yep a fuckin riot man. Dicks' on the PA " sanity must prevail, sanity must prevail ". Still laugh about it.

My mate is Russell Lenton. The hardest motorcyclist you have never heard of.
Rode an RMX 250 Suzuki from Bowen to Weipa. Did the Croc Run. Rode home next day in one 14 hour stretch.
Did 3 Australian Safaris when they were safaris on bike. One on the Rmx. No backup, rings every second day, lost front brake.
I have seen him finish an event with vicegrips holding the rear axle in.

The guy is a legend, and the most generous, genuine, loving family man. Proud to call him my friend.