AM LaPierre ZestyAm 827 2015

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'm picking this up from a work mate, it was too much bike for him, he only ever used it for XC/trail riding. A long standing agreement has come to fruition. This makes bike no 8. I'll have every category I care about covered.

Some of the build kit is a bit odd, especially considering the eye watering RRP of $7200 these things had.

Frame - 2015 LaPierre ZestyAM 827 medium. Carbon front triangle, alloy rear.

Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch RT3 high volume with e:i.

Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike RC3 Solo Air 150mm

Handlebars - Renthal Fatbar lite

Stem - Nico Vouilloz Signature 55mm 0 degree

Headset - FSA

Grips - Junk lockons

Saddle - SDG

Seatpost - Rockshox reverb stealth (and it needs a rebuild)

Seat Collar: Lapierre OEM

Front brake - XT with 180 mm centreline rotor. Will be swapped out for Guides

Rear brake - XT with 170 mm centreline rotor. Will be swapped out for Guides.

Cranks - SRAM X0 carbon PF30

Chainring - SRAM NW 30T

Chain - KMC X11SL DLC Black

Pedals - Crankbrothers Candy for now.

Rear derailleur - SRAM XX1

Rear shifter - SRAM X1

Shift Cable - generic

Cassette - Sram x1 10-42

Front wheel - SRAM Roam 40

Rear wheel - SRAM Roam 40. Bearings are rooted, rear wheel has 10mm deflection.

Spokes - Bladed straight pull. Rear tension is so low, hold the brake on, wheel rotates 25mm and the hub squeeeeeals!

Nipples - alloy

Front Tyre - minion dhf 3c exo

Rear Tyre - minion dhr2 3c exo

Total weight - don't know yet, 13-14kg at a guess.

There is no longer a distributor for Lapierre in Australia, Advanced Traders dropped the brand. Warranty support through to 31st December 2017, then its factory direct I guess. I knew this before buying.

Instantly being replaced before I ride in anger will be brakes, grips, pedals for Guide RS, mullets, Oury. Plus rear hub bearings and a rear spoke tension adjust.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm picking this up from a work mate, it was too much bike for him, he only ever used it for XC/trail riding. A long standing agreement has come to fruition. This makes bike no 8. I'll have every category I care about covered.
The Zesty's do look like fun. Great score. now you need an extra day in the week to enjoy all of this stuff and a bigger, larger bike stable.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The Zesty's do look like fun. Great score. now you need an extra day in the week to enjoy all of this stuff and a bigger, larger bike stable.

never enough time for riding, and storage is becoming an issue, the wife is soon to get upset

pikes arn't happy either, something wrong with negative air chamber, she tops out and clunks.

Manc

Likes Bikes
And less of the ‘too much bike for him’ it makes me sound like a weeble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Stick some mork chocolate in the milk and that’s me.
I'm not too far away either. I just ride for fun and don't worry about too much else.
Someone has to stay intact to ready call the Ambulance for the d00dz that huck road gaps :eek:hwell:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Worked out where the rear hub noise is coming from.

Some fucking idiot at Sram thought a three piece hub, bonded together, was a great idea.

Light bicycle carbon on hopes are on the shopping list.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Worked out where the rear hub noise is coming from.

Some fucking idiot at Sram thought a three piece hub, bonded together, was a great idea.

Light bicycle carbon on hopes are on the shopping list.
Do you even Loctite m8?

goobags

Likes Dirt
I have a XM527 with the e:i system. Different bike but bloody good fun. I know it’s a different suspension design but a few of the pivot bolts needed green locktite to stay in for any more than half a ride.

Also be mindful how the little cable from the headunit is routed into the frame, particularly when the suspension is compressed. I pulled mine out of the unit somehow within three rides after I went 1x and trimmed bars down

A mate is keen on the XTs if you want to sell them.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I have a XM527 with the e:i system. Different bike but bloody good fun. I know it’s a different suspension design but a few of the pivot bolts needed green locktite to stay in for any more than half a ride.

Also be mindful how the little cable from the headunit is routed into the frame, particularly when the suspension is compressed. I pulled mine out of the unit somehow within three rides after I went 1x and trimmed bars down

A mate is keen on the XTs if you want to sell them.

Yep, maiden ride today, was awesome. She pedals up really well for a big bike. I can see how the electronics would scare so many punters off. Bombs downhill.

Thanks for the words of caution.
My cables and electronics are all v2 stuff, no issues with lengths I can see. Have yet to touch the linkage bearings, will probably pull it all apart and pack bearings with fresh moly grease.

Ideally I'd like to swap the XT's for Guides. The XT's are a little cosmetically blemished, but functioning fine. Plenty of pad thickness left. What are they worth second hand?

goobags

Likes Dirt
After reading your post yesterday, I got all keen for a ride of mine this morning. Pumped up the tyres, lubed the chain, wiped down the suspension seals and put my pedals back on after a mate borrowed it.

Then worked out the battery was flat so gave up and took the SS out. My mates give me heaps and reckon one an E-Bike...

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, maiden ride today, was awesome. She pedals up really well for a big bike. I can see how the electronics would scare so many punters off. Bombs downhill.

Thanks for the words of caution.
My cables and electronics are all v2 stuff, no issues with lengths I can see. Have yet to touch the linkage bearings, will probably pull it all apart and pack bearings with fresh moly grease.

Ideally I'd like to swap the XT's for Guides. The XT's are a little cosmetically blemished, but functioning fine. Plenty of pad thickness left. What are they worth second hand?

Brakes worked fine today... it’s just that you seem to be using the rear one too often...