AM LaPierre ZestyAm 827 2015

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Now go to YouTube and search for lipo fire clips. Basically Lithium Polymer has a slightly different chemistry the lithium ion, not in a steel can, but charging characteristics, and fires are the same. Slightly higher energy density in lithium Polymer.
Looks like a Galaxy Note 7 grenade feature.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Partially off topic, my Carbonfan rims arrived. As far as how they are, they look carbon, they’re round to the eye, is that all a carbon rim needs to be?

In other news, this obviously wasn’t you but will be me soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goobags

Likes Dirt
29id. They’re for my SS 29er which I run either 2.4 Ardents or X-Kings on. Wanted something relatively light, 388g actual on the digital scales, as I (hopefully) don’t need anything too burley. Was going to have to 25id which pretty much every other brand to keep them a bit lighter, not that I’m a weight weenie

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Have swung around to carbonfan 27.5x29mm Inner width asymmetrical in DH spec at 430grams each. Good reputation over on MTBR. $360 usd for a pair with free shipping. Now to wait for Chinese New Year sale.

Nextie are off the buying list, you can no longer buy direct.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have swung around to carbonfan 27.5x29mm Inner width asymmetrical in DH spec at 430grams each. Good reputation over on MTBR. $360 usd for a pair with free shipping. Now to wait for Chinese New Year sale.

Nextie are off the buying list, you can no longer buy direct.
I have got my carbonfan 29id wheels up and running. No complaints from the wheel builder apart from the asymmetrical spoke measurements being different than normal.
I didn't get the DH spec, the guy at carbonfan reckons trail riding is fine on the standard layup.
So far so good, they do everything that everyone else says about carbon wheels. Heaps of volume, heaps of grip, small bumps are muted and they track so straight it takes some getting used to. They wind up speed really quickly as well so combined with how they track I over shot a few cnrs and oversteered a few.
I have them laced to chris king's and the only thing I noticed is that the rear hub is a bit draggy.. Haven't had CK before, the hubs are used but only slightly so hopefully they break in as CK says.
I originally put on a 2.35 rock razor and you could obviously feel the bigger bag and accompanying drag when riding on the road or hardpack. The old 2.25 NN i had was a good balance of bag and rolling resistance.
I have a lot still to play with in regard to pressure and tyre sizes, the schwable 2.35's blow up huge.. Only early days but so far I'm very happy. Durability wise will be interesting..
Note, the schwables were a pretty tight fit with gorilla tape.. Unbeading is tough work..

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I have got my carbonfan 29id wheels up and running. No complaints from the wheel builder apart from the asymmetrical spoke measurements being different than normal.
I didn't get the DH spec, the guy at carbonfan reckons trail riding is fine on the standard layup.
So far so good, they do everything that everyone else says about carbon wheels. Heaps of volume, heaps of grip, small bumps are muted and they track so straight it takes some getting used to. They wind up speed really quickly as well so combined with how they track I over shot a few cnrs and oversteered a few.
I have them laced to chris king's and the only thing I noticed is that the rear hub is a bit draggy.. Haven't had CK before, the hubs are used but only slightly so hopefully they break in as CK says.
I originally put on a 2.35 rock razor and you could obviously feel the bigger bag and accompanying drag when riding on the road or hardpack. The old 2.25 NN i had was a good balance of bag and rolling resistance.
I have a lot still to play with in regard to pressure and tyre sizes, the schwable 2.35's blow up huge.. Only early days but so far I'm very happy. Durability wise will be interesting..
Note, the schwables were a pretty tight fit with gorilla tape.. Unbeading is tough work..
If the hubs are a bit draggy check the bearings. The CK bearings are serviceable but they tend to lose grease.

Pop out bearings. Remove seal with stanley knife. Rinse out bearing with spray degreaser a few times. Rinse with water. Dry with compressed air. Reapply grease. I use the Finish Line ceramic grease on my CK bb and it works well.

I'm told you don't need the CK tool, instructions are on youtube.

Also check the star ratchet. CK specify their ringdrive fluid but there have been reports of it leaking out. Dumondtech make a special ratchet grease that Stans, I9 and a few others reccomend which doesn't leak. https://www.bike24.com/p2154055.html

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
If the hubs are a bit draggy check the bearings. The CK bearings are serviceable but they tend to lose grease.

Pop out bearings. Remove seal with stanley knife. Rinse out bearing with spray degreaser a few times. Rinse with water. Dry with compressed air. Reapply grease. I use the Finish Line ceramic grease on my CK bb and it works well.

Also check the star ratchet. CK specify their ringdrive fluid but there have been reports of it leaking out. Dumondtech make a special ratchet grease that Stans, I9 and a few others reccomend which doesn't leak. https://www.bike24.com/p2154055.html

Shellite is the shiz for washing bearings, you blow out the grease/shellite mix with compressed air, rinse in shellite again, blow dry, spin bearing and asses if spinning free. Repeat if not. Leaves no residue.

Then apply grease of choice to the bearings . For me that's a lithium soap, moly loaded grease in a NIGI 2 grade like the Nulon xtreme performance grease you can get at SCA

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pr...nce-L80-Grease-Tub-450g/1146?menuFrom=1021663

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Thanks I will look into all of that, I think part of it is the extra POE which physically has to have a bit more drag than a 18 POE.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Carbonfan 650b x 29 mm ID in asymetrical DH spec ordered, approx 3 weeks away. I figure their DH variants weight claim is about on par with everyone else's Enduro weight, so that's the one for me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hope hubs have arrived thanks to Ctguru.

Hope still can't match anodising batches, iPhone photo does not do the difference justice.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Rims do not have a carbon fibre patch, I'm guessing the air bladder used for forming the rim shape during manufacturing has been removed via the valve hole. Very cool.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Chasing down a creak, found the linkage bearings are shagged.

Combined with a stuffed reverb, shock and forks that need a service, new wheels to build, fuxk it, full rebuild time. But no time ATM.

More bikes in pieces then bike stands. That's the pinnacle of first world problems.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Looks very uniform for wear. You think there would be wear on the faces as well where the mounting hardware contacts the carbon

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Looks very uniform for wear. You think there would be wear on the faces as well where the mounting hardware contacts the carbon

The mountain hardware outside tabs locate into the holes slightly, preventing movement. Might turn up a bolt with threads only on the ends so it's smooth shaft against the carbon. Oh we all love a bit of smooth shaft against our precious carbon.

Shock control cable came unplugged, I've some cable fetching from inside the downtube bullshit to work through now.