AM LaPierre ZestyAm 827 2015

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'm going to say something really fucking stupid. I've never dinged or scratched or hurt a rim since ~1999.

Sapim lasers (2.0 -1.5 - 2.0 ) are indeed really fucking hard to build with, windup is an issue. Ping Ping!!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm going to say something really fucking stupid. I've never dinged or scratched or hurt a rim since ~1999.

Sapim lasers (2.0 -1.5 - 2.0 ) are indeed really fucking hard to build with, windup is an issue. Ping Ping!!
What lube did you use on the spokes? Did you use shims or lube the nipple holes?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Fucking fuck fuck fuckety fuck

e:i won't power up. 8.2volts on the battery. Isn't a battery fault. A connector is loose or the jesus box is fucked.

God damn it. First ride planned for Sunday arvo. Guess I'm out on another bike from the fleet.

Ctguru, not one fucking word. Not one.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I've mentioned to you before to use light grease, de stress the wheel a few times as you build and the flat washers are the best.
I have used grease in the past, not much difference during initial build stage I don't think, but I don't build many wheels. Will try on the next build and compare, one grease, one 5wt and graphite. What grease do you use? Light bicycle on hope pro4 and lasers again.

I'm concerned a flat washer can't take the load and will distort, resulting in lost spoke tension?

Destressed all the way along, you just have to with 1.5mm spokes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have used grease in the past, not much difference during initial build stage I don't think, but I don't build many wheels. Will try on the next build and compare, one grease, one 5wt and graphite. What grease do you use? Light bicycle on hope pro4 and lasers again.

I'm concerned a flat washer can't take the load and will distort, resulting in lost spoke tension?

Destressed all the way along, you just have to with 1.5mm spokes.
I use silver anti seize or some fishing reel grease which I'm pretty sure was a light moly grease. The proper nipple washers are like hardened shims, I find I get less jerkiness as I get up to the final tensions.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I always lube the spoke hole where the nipple head will touch with anti seize as well. With the lighter spokes I use my thumb of the left hand to bend them in line with the spoke hole to stop them winding up. That and several rounds of destressing has always worked for me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
North of 100kgf (wtf we can't just call this 980N is beyond me) my fingers cannot grip spokes. Think I'll build a little vice grip with delrin pads.

I might try a 3% moly grease next time.

Wow 29mm ID rims make nobby nic 2.35" blow up big.

When you want the tyre off the complete crap SRAM roam 40 wheel (busted three piece hub, straight pull spokes , 19mm ID) and the tyres a mofo of a tight fit, you jump on the wheel.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
North of 100kgf (wtf we can't just call this 980N is beyond me) my fingers cannot grip spokes. Think I'll build a little vice grip with delrin pads.

I might try a 3% moly grease next time.

Wow 29mm ID rims make nobby nic 2.35" blow up big.

When you want the tyre off the complete crap SRAM roam 40 wheel (busted three piece hub, straight pull spokes , 19mm ID) and the tyres a mofo of a tight fit, you jump on the wheel.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Oh what fun. Nothing obvious at the bottom end.

Forks out time to get thru the head tube to the rest of the loom.