Lapierre

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Does anybody import Lapierre into aus/Victoria? Am in the market to buy a new AM bike and quite fancy having a look at a spicy.

Cheers:)

MountainBikeMike

Likes Dirt
As far as I know there isn't a distributor in Aus yet. Its probably because of current competition in Australia and the price of the things.. Theres quite a few lingering around Whistler- such sick bikes man...

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
nooooo! my brother (who lives in the Uk) keeps saying i should get one and they do look awesome.

Oh well back to either another spec enduro or a trek remedy....maybe even a giant if im feeling seedy ;)

Ivan

Eats Squid
nooooo! my brother (who lives in the Uk) keeps saying i should get one and they do look awesome.

Oh well back to either another spec enduro or a trek remedy....maybe even a giant if im feeling seedy ;)
Get your brother to buy one and ship it. Get him to get me one too while he's at it. :D

adman

Likes Dirt
I guy here in Tasmania (who shall not be named) managed to get one because a friend could import them from Europe or some shiz. Pretty lucky guy - Lapierre are definitely on my christmas lists...

the gardener

Likes Bikes
Apparently Lapierres will never be imported in to Australia due to something to do with patents etc...... from what i've been told anyways. Anyone no anything different?

If you want one a mate of mine is selling one in Cairns. It's posted on this site.

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Yeah, totally sucks, I'd love to get my hands on a FROGGY, reckon it'd pedal like a champ for a 7 inch bike...if it's good enough for Nico....it'll do me...but yeah Aus totally sucks for bikes.

relax

Likes Bikes
I just bought a 2010 Zesty 514 off these guys

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/home.asp

AUD is awesome against the Euro at the moment. Ended up getting the bike for a bit over 4k posted.

I spoke to a guy called Luc, who was extremely helpful. He seperated the bike into frame and wheels to save on postage. Still very well packed. Got the bike in 2 weeks from payment.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
I just wonder how they will get around the Horst Link issue with Specialized owning the rights to it.

Obviously they can licence the design but i have not heard anything about that.

ja_har

Likes Dirt
I just wonder how they will get around the Horst Link issue with Specialized owning the rights to it.

Obviously they can licence the design but i have not heard anything about that.
Specialized's patent only covers the US... hence why horst links are common in Europe as there are no licence fees to pay.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Word on the street is that there will be a local importer very shortly...
ha ha and probably selling them at twice the price!:p

nah seriously does anyone know what the import repercussions would be as im off to the french alps this August and could buy one over there. im just worried about getting to the airport on the way home and mr customs official wanting some huge amount of cash to let me and the bike through.

relax

Likes Bikes

nah seriously does anyone know what the import repercussions would be as im off to the french alps this August and could buy one over there. im just worried about getting to the airport on the way home and mr customs official wanting some huge amount of cash to let me and the bike through.
If you rode it around a bit so it doesn't look new you'll probably be alright (Tell them you brought the bike with you from Australia).

Although I'd say just order it from overseas and get it sent here. That way they will remove the 17.5% VAT (UK tax). So you'll end up paying less for it then if you were to buy it locally while you are over there. Sure you MIGHT get charged 10% when it gets though Australian customs, but there are ways around it. The shop I bought my Zesty from charged me 150 EUROS to post the bike, which isn't too bad really.

If you happen to get a great deal on the bike over there then that might be the cheaper option, but they are pretty popular at the moment so it's doubtful they will be giving much discount on them. When I was looking to buy mine, I also noticed that many models were sold out and the factory has stopped producing many of the 2010 models.

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci

Take a shitter bike with you, leave it there, bring new bike back;)