Large CO2 Cartridges

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if there are larger CO2 cartridges available than 25gms?
I run wide rims with larger volume tires and 25gms isn't getting them up to ridable pressure after puncturing.
While I can take 2x on training rides with a pump, in race situations this adds weight and is more of a PITA.
Genuine Innovations used to make a 40gm canister which was butane (?) but they don't appear to anymore...

thx

Bear

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I've got a butane one if you want?
Thx for the offer I was more wondering what everyone was using. One of the local shops mentioned they can get 29gm cartridges (Didn't mention the brand)
But given the trend to wider rims with larger volume tires whether anything had dropped to replace fill the need for greater inflation???

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if there are larger CO2 cartridges available than 25gms?
I run wide rims with larger volume tires and 25gms isn't getting them up to ridable pressure after puncturing.
While I can take 2x on training rides with a pump, in race situations this adds weight and is more of a PITA.
Genuine Innovations used to make a 40gm canister which was butane (?) but they don't appear to anymore...

thx

Bear
Yes there are bigger ones used for the motorcycle market. Go check in store at your local big m/c dealer
I have a couple downstairs but can't be arsed going to have a look at the size but I'm guessing around 50gram
However, M/c's use schrader valves not the presta typical of tubeless set ups so you may need an adapter.
You also need to consider just how much pressure a big canister will dump in your tire, you may wind you blowing it of the rim unless you are really careful

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
I decided to go have a look, its a 45gram cartridge that from memory was good for dumping about 30psi in to a dead flat 190mm tyre on my R1
I would be bloody careful using it on a pushy.
25 gram cartidges for the win on MTBs I reckon

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
yes you can get ones they use for inlftabale life rafts for airplane disaster's, if you want PM me -i have amate who "found" some airplane stock in the boot of hid car one day -i think he ahs some of the big ones left..they are almost tthe size of a really small rear shock