Last noob question. Is the Polygon Siskiu T8 worth it over the T7?

Coopz

Likes Dirt
I have the cash to get the Polygon T7 this weekend, but a mate said I should stretch it $600 further and get the T8 as it's better in most areas including weight. Just wondering if it's worth the extra or would a fairly casual rider like me notice and appreciate the extra specs? I mainly do trail riding with the odd bit of rocky descents.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i would prob save the 600, the recon is weaker than the rev fork but not that much better. save the 6 & upgrade the brakes, once you start going fast you want more prob than the m365 can offer, 1/2kg weight diff is bigger all, there is a t8
wait take it back, T8 on special 2499 T8 on special grab it now

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Solo Air vs Debon Air, 32 vs 34mm, better shock, along with slightly better brakes.. eh. 10 vs 11 speed you won't notice any real difference in actual use, same with the weight. I guess the question really is - how much do you see yourself riding?

I'd probably save the 600 and see how you go, then find a better set of brakes and forks secondhand down the line if needed.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Solo Air vs Debon Air, 32 vs 34mm, better shock, along with slightly better brakes.. eh. 10 vs 11 speed you won't notice any real difference in actual use, same with the weight. I guess the question really is - how much do you see yourself riding?

I'd probably save the 600 and see how you go, then find a better set of brakes and forks secondhand down the line if needed.
I go for about 1 decent ride a week, and that usually only for a hour or so so I'm pretty soft...

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What size are you? Large medium etc
And where do you ride and what type of riding? Ie 6ft drops, fire road, downhill, jumps of everything etc

gillyske

Likes Dirt
email bicycles online and check if the Revelation uses the 2018 Motion Control Damper or the 2019 Charger RC damper, if its the later then I'd say go the T8 as you won't need to wory about upgrading the fork and the internally routed brakes.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
What size are you? Large medium etc
And where do you ride and what type of riding? Ie 6ft drops, fire road, downhill, jumps of everything etc
I'm on the large size, about 6'4 and 100kg. Mainly do fire trails and scrub tracks, Ohalloran-hill Hill, Sturt George and Belair National Park for local reference.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I'm on the large size, about 6'4 and 100kg. Mainly do fire trails and scrub tracks, Ohalloran-hill Hill, Sturt George and Belair National Park for local reference.
You'll notice the lack of support from a 32mm fork. My other half notices between that between her bike and mine. Get the extra few hundred and drop it on a pike.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
If you're 6'4" and 100kgs do not buy the large, buy the Extra Large.
....and my opinion about which model is definitely buy the T8.
Better suspension makes riding more enjoyable and you will progress better. Better brakes for 100+kg rider? No brainer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spend spend spend! Always spend!!!

So you save the $600...then sell the original forks and upgrade because you swiftly realise that they feel like a noodle. Now you start pushing things a bit more and discover that you have 2 problems, the brakes are pulling you up and your rear rim is getting hammered. Of course after changing these bits you realise that the cheap bars have a bit of flex in them and you'd like to fine tune the cock pit a little more so it's bar and stem time. But what about that crank? And tyres? Is there some play in the dropper already? These tyres are holding me back. Fuck I need some pedals that really grab...

The T8 isn't even enough bike for you! Sell a kidney and get ahead in the race!!!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The T8 isn't even enough bike for you! Sell a kidney and get ahead in the race!!!
There is a as-new D8 2017 on FB now for $1590. Great bike for the $$$ and even doubles as a donor bike for a worthy project frame.

How much weight would you save if you were selling a kidney? asking for a friend...........

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Kidneys weight has quite a few variables. The big one being does he have any stones in there? Big Precious and semi precious preferred

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Kidneys weight has quite a few variables. The big one being does he have any stones in there? Big Precious and semi precious preferred
The temptation of affordable bike pr0n and weightloss in the one go.
What's not to like apart from from a cheap operation with a bunch of pretty ordinary painkillers and a bathtub full of ice afterwards............Errr...........