Last noob question. Is the Polygon Siskiu T8 worth it over the T7?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good market for them, so many people offered to buy mine since I broke my leg. Kinda scary.
Its a good pain killer. It's also popular recreationally. I once became very sure Jim Morrison was visiting me with a very powerful message. I wasn't sure if it was the intense pain (having just been released from a few days in hospitality surgery) or the pills, but I did what he said - "wake up!!!" it turned out I'd fell asleep with a Doors live album playing and Jim knew how badly my battered body needed to piss.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
How is the leg going sir? Hope it is repairing up for you ahead of schedule and all.
Woeful, the break is healing, somethings not right in the foot though, nerves are whacked up, if I put any weight it's a lovely burning shattering glass rod feeling, and still numb to touch compared to the other foot.

Muscle/tendon seems to be healing so should avoid surgery, surgeon reviews me on 11th to make his final decision as to what to do, so just in a brace instead of cast. Finally worked out what the old break was from that they found though.

Also OP: brakes are going to be issue, at least get some bigger rotors and mounts, it'll make a significant difference until you can upgrade stoppers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Woeful, the break is healing, somethings not right in the foot though, nerves are whacked up, if I put any weight it's a lovely burning shattering glass rod feeling, and still numb to touch compared to the other foot.

Muscle/tendon seems to be healing so should avoid surgery, surgeon reviews me on 11th to make his final decision as to what to do, so just in a brace instead of cast. Finally worked out what the old break was from that they found though.

Also OP: brakes are going to be issue, at least get some bigger rotors and mounts, it'll make a significant difference until you can upgrade stoppers.
Damn! That sounds like a pain in the arse man.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Ok, thanks all for the help, I'm going to try and stretch the budget to the T8 unless something really good pops up on the second hand market. The other half is not happy.. 'Big W have those duel suspension bikes on special for $170, why do you need to spend $2500??'

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The other half is not happy.. 'Big W have those duel suspension bikes on special for $170, why do you need to spend $2500??'
A conversation many of us have had before and will have again. I can see her point and the BigW bikes vs. Uber ones look mostly the same to the layman.

It is hard to explain without riding yourself and having some time to pick the differences of big bike box dunger vs. Something you really want.

Bontys axiom still applies:
'Light, strong, cheap, pick any two'.

You can also let her indulge in this one.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'Big W have those duel suspension bikes on special for $170, why do you need to spend $2500??'
Pretty sure the Big W ‘bikes’ have fine print stickers saying ‘don’t ride this bike off road’ or something along those lines...

gillyske

Likes Dirt
The other half is not happy.. 'Big W have those duel suspension bikes on special for $170, why do you need to spend $2500??'
My partner used to think the same thing. One day we were just riding our commuters on a bike path and a guy over takes us on a kmart bike and while he's putting the power down snaps a crank and nearly eats shit.
She kinda gets it now.

What I don't understand is why people think that department stores would sell a decent bike? The only thing I've bought from kmart/big w/target that has lasted more than a year is a plate.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
My first mountain bike was a BigW Dunlop Pegasus my parents bought me for my 14th birthday. No shocks, crunchy base level Shimano gears and rattely as hell but it lasted well, had it for about 7 years and thrashed the life out if it. Then I bought a Giant Boulder and realised how much better a brand name bike is.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What I don't understand is why people think that department stores would sell a decent bike? The only thing I've bought from kmart/big w/target that has lasted more than a year is a plate.
Try explaining to the Delusionals that their hunk of scrap metal won't handle being ridden off a 1 foot drop, let alone a jump track. "But I spent one hundred and fifty dollars!" Congratulations, that barely covers the cost of my tyres. Shuts them up every time.

Had one come back with the front brake removed, and half the paint from the chainstay scraped off by the chain. Tried making a warranty claim because the rear hub failed. "It's only been ridden around the court". Yeah, and over the dirt jumps built in said court. Fuckwit.

Pretty sure the Big W ‘bikes’ have fine print stickers saying ‘don’t ride this bike off road’ or something along those lines...
Every single one of them. From the 30cm kiddies bikes to the 29er Dualies

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Try explaining to the Delusionals that their hunk of scrap metal won't handle being ridden off a 1 foot drop, let alone a jump track. "But I spent one hundred and fifty dollars!" Congratulations, that barely covers the cost of my tyres. Shuts them up every time.
Where you buying a set of tyres for less than $150? 2x DHF is like $180