lawson skate park

hubbie

Forever 1,337
kewl bruz. Any idea what settings you were running on the shot at monster? I'm trekking out to monster at night to ride the outside ramps with my mums film SLR with an onboard flash only, and still havent really learnt the settings for everything. cheers mate.

bmxmandan

Banned
sorry i dont know much about cameras i just like taking pics, and it was taken by my friend on his Olympus stylus 720 i think. in answer to sendog nahh i used to race at the bmx track but not anymore and its not that good to just jump them, we have local trails that we hit up

Antho188

Likes Dirt
yer monster park pic is sick that would be around 400th of a second shutter, nd a low ISO of about 100-200,

(nerd talk, if you do photography or own a SLR u'd know wtf im on about lol)

super_niko

Likes Dirt
yer monster park pic is sick that would be around 400th of a second shutter, nd a low ISO of about 100-200,

ridins lok good.i wanna ride that park soon,
I think the shutter is around 250-300 but the iso is high like 600 as it looks quite noisy

hubbie

Forever 1,337

ridins lok good.i wanna ride that park soon,
I think the shutter is around 250-300 but the iso is high like 600 as it looks quite noisy
cheers boys
I can't tell but i was assuming it was a night shot, seeing the lights are on, and the two times i've been to monster was at night, so i dunno whether lights are on during the day, but the shadows almost look sunlight-esque

Last edited:

bmxmandan

Banned
yeah it was about sunset so lights were on but it was still lit up by the sun a bit, and i edited the crap out of it using tools which i didnt know how to use in a program which confuses me, paint shop pro 5, hah got it free in a magazine

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Hubbie, if you're at Monster at night, depending on the light, you'll most probably be wanting to use the on-board flash while shooting at about 1/250th or so. If it's really dark, up the ISO to between 400 - 800. Keep the aperture real low. The lowest you can shoot probably (usually around f/3.5 on a regular lens). Alternatively just whack it in auto and let the camera do the rest..

I like that moster shot.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Hubbie, if you're at Monster at night, depending on the light, you'll most probably be wanting to use the on-board flash while shooting at about 1/250th or so. If it's really dark, up the ISO to between 400 - 800. Keep the aperture real low. The lowest you can shoot probably (usually around f/3.5 on a regular lens). Alternatively just whack it in auto and let the camera do the rest..

I like that moster shot.
it's hot aye! Finished my roll off yesterday, so hopefully i'll have my shots in under a week. me and mum are considering building a dark room

super_niko

Likes Dirt
yeah monster is really hard take pics especially inside I shoot on 1/125 or 1/180 if i am lucky and thats with 2 flashes. and auto iso usually like 100 or 200 when its on manual as its always heaps noisy.