lbs can't bleed brakes . moan

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Ok am i alone in this delema take one hope tech 3 v4 rear brake
i am on to second lbs and sure enough pay money and lever goes all the way in and bottoms out plunger .
Is it to much to ask .

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Braided lines . No shop did all of that shorten install etc, does that make a difference ie the braided line
Braided lines can be a pain to shorten.
Unless the shop that fitted them can prove to you that they've fitted them correctly, then they are responsible for getting them to work correctly.
Chances of them being defective from the factory is miniscule, and I'm sure they've passed QC from Hope.

Are they purging air at each bleed or is the lever soft and pulling to the bar with no air during the bleed?

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Not sure but i think i will take bike back ask to sort out then if no success ask refund .
I have bleed brakes before but was looking for a stress free easy pay for job walk out situation.
Oh well

jarrod839

Banned
Just got some V4,s aswell with braided lines and yet to install. Been doing some research and yeah if the braided lines don't get cut and installed right it can cause some issues. The LBS you took your brakes too are they highly experienced with MTB's or just a common shop.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's just air. When youre installing a dry line it can be a pita to get enough fluid in there to pressurise for the mc to work and get on with a conventional bleed. You just need to push or pull fluid until caliper/line/mc is full. alternatively you can use a mityvac or even prefill the lines. Methinks the shops are simply incompetent/ not persistent enough.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok am i alone in this delema take one hope tech 3 v4 rear brake
i am on to second lbs and sure enough pay money and lever goes all the way in and bottoms out plunger .
Is it to much to ask .
I've seen this kind of sloppy work plenty of times on other people's bikes, more so with Avid as the syringes can lend themselves to false belief you're done. Either not conducting qc when "finished" and rushing the job, or trying to cut the cost by only using a set amount of fluid. Either way it is not hard to do right.

Hasn't someone punched you in the throat yet? :noidea:
Stork keeps inviting him deep into the forest.

It's just air. When youre installing a dry line it can be a pita to get enough fluid in there to pressurise for the mc to work and get on with a conventional bleed. You just need to push or pull fluid until caliper/line/mc is full. alternatively you can use a mityvac or even prefill the lines. Methinks the shops are simply incompetent/ not persistent enough.
But the manual says 20cc of dot 4...if you've put 20cc in they are done.

Minlak

custom titis
My rear tech 3 on E4 did the same thing...... turns out some fuckwit had cracked the calliper doing up the hose fitting too tight..... just saying....

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
I've had problems getting my brakes serviced properly at shops before.

Some of the responses I had when asking if I could get my brakes bled:

They look fine to me. (No the lever is spongy as hell they are not fine)

They seem to have plenty of stopping power (yes, when the lever is touching the bar you can't push the bike along)

New pads will fix it. (No new pads will fix breaking power if the level is firm, which it's not)

In the end doing it yourself might be a bit more of a hassle but brakes that actually work are nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Ok of to the forest oh ah wrong story line .
I am of to see the wizard .

Oops Start again going to LBS to return said bike see what the can do hopefully no cracked bits and they get er done wright