LBS in Melb SE

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Hey there peeps.

So I sold my Enduro :( :( :( and it's time to replace it with something a lot more simple and low cost.

I'm struggling to find an LBS in the SE (I am in Cranbourne) that deals with Norco bikes. Not anyone that gives me real confidence to buy from when I chat with them.

Any recommendations for bike shops down in my area that are savvy and deal with Norco?

Cheers in advance.

moorey

call me Mia
I think it’s @DMan who loves and recommends Life of Bikes that do Norco, and are over that direction.
Never used them, but they seem to support local events too.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
99 bikes are good for prices but the sales folk are absolutely useless and tend to make up what they don't know.. I bought a bike there a couple of years ago and the dickhead sales guy didn't ride mountain bikes but was happy to tell me how setting up suspension worked. I just let him go and chuckled to myself because I wanted the bike and they had about 30% off.
I went into there Maribyrnong store a couple of weeks ago after looking online at a Merida disc brake roady . The sales douche told me the bike didn't exist and Merida wouldn't be putting disc brakes on until next years models then led me to a bike that he said had canti brakes that are as good as disc.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I think it’s @DMan who loves and recommends Life of Bikes that do Norco, and are over that direction.
Never used them, but they seem to support local events too.
Not me Moorey. I've never heard of Life of Bikes....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Travis22

Likes Dirt
No question Jesterarts,

Life of Bikes in Pakenham for sure if your after a Norco.

They have been good supporters of Lysterfield - LDTR etc so id deff give them a chance to sell you the bike your after.

No affiliation and i havent bought a bike off them but if i was after a new bike id give them a go (im in cranny too).

Travis.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Just buy one from Jonny if he will ship it, you will get better then service than any LBS that stocks it. Last few stores I've been have been scared to even try to sell a bike, the last one who tried was so nervous that he tried to sell me the marlin he had on sale before he even qualified what I'd want.

slowmick

38-39"
Can +1 for Life of Bikes.
Bought my downhill bike from them. They let me ride around the car park with all the choices and answered all my stupid questions
When I selected my bike they said it was in a box and could be built up on the Monday.
Matt asked what i had planned for the rest of the weekend while paying the bill. When i told him I was off to the You Yangs for a Shuttle day he offered to build it up that afternoon so i could take it out the next day.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yarra Valley Cycles (Lilydale) & Life of Bikes (Pakenham) both do Norco.

Also YVC stock Kona, Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot.

L.O.B also do Giant, Merida, Rocky Mountain

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Life of Bikes are generally pretty sweet. I've never bought a bike off them but I get a shit-tonne of servicing done there and they've always looked after me.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Ended up going through Casey Cycles. Was talking to a mate who did have experience with them and loved them.

I did reach out the Yarra Valley Cycles and they were super responsive, but not keen to work out a deal on pricing before I popped in. Which I guess is fair enough.

Reached out to 99Bikes Bentleigh (closer to me than Port Melb) and got crickets.

Reacher out to Life of Bikes and also didn't get a response.

Mind you, my reaching out was via social media so it could be their non-prefered communication method. But they all saw the messages at about the same time and only Casey Cycles responded, we worked out a deal 15min later and it will be built and ready to pick up Monday/Tuesday.

Popped into the shop just before and the blokes were nice enough.

safreek

Looks like a sweet commuter, obviously going 26 even if boosted?
Got a friend looking at a norco hardtail at the moment, 29r, I shake my head. Told him he should at least get 27.5.
He does not want an old 26 DH bike for beach bike path, again I don't understand

ualf

Likes Dirt
<snip>

Reacher out to Life of Bikes and also didn't get a response.

<snip>.
I think it might have been bad timing LOB are pretty good on customer service as well as grass roots support of the MTB scene.

Some key people were very busy last week riding in Derby.