leaky psylo's

CAM

Likes Dirt
has anyone here had real troubles with their fork's (especially psylo's) leaking chronically? I've got a pair of 2002 psylo xc's and they have always leaked. They have already been sent to rockshox to get fixed but they still havent fixed the problem.
I've hered that its just the go with last yrs psylo's, so has any one else had the problem, and what have u done to fix it?

Brett

Likes Dirt
I've got 2000 psylos and they leaked for a while until i got new seals and bushings, now they go alright. it was the bushes in the bottom of the forks that were worn.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Have 2002 psylo xc tullio and the seals went fairly early.
Get a set of new seals from Hallite at Sumner Park in Brisbane for $20 a pair, just fit underneath the grey original upper seal, and cut the foam ring in half so that it still fits between the two.
Excellent seals, just need breaking in a bit, like new Bombers.
Talk to Derek only at the store, knows which forks take what etc.
Ph 32796155.

Ty

Eats Squid
gus if your going to make comment like that please back up your statement with some facts, personaly my psylos have served me well, coming from useing a set of fox vanilla RLs i was worried about there proformance because everyone always pays out on them, but so far they have exceded my expectations.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Same as you Ty, I have found the tullio model excellent and a lot stiffer than my previous bombers. An oil change helps a lot too.
The only problem I see with them is the U-turn adjuster made from cheap brittle plastic but which they want $48 for. Looking at getting one made out of alloy, anyone interested in one?

Ty

Eats Squid
if you make some up i'll by one, i broke mine off and couldn't be bothered to replace it, it's not like i change my fork travel every 5 minutes.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
The quotes so far ar around the $50-$70 mark (which was just for a one off though), they get cheaper the more that are made.
Do you thing that you need to have the ball bearing divots in the cap or will the fork turn itself up or down without it?

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey cam i've got a pair of 2002 phylo xc's. and mine leak too, but mine leak coz te seals are blown and the bushing might need fixin. what did they do to the forkx when you sent them to r/s? i would just get em to replace the seals and bushings (if you can afford it? -i cant- )

CAM

Likes Dirt
they got sent to r/s when part of the rebound adjuster inside had broken,
they also replaced the bushings and i think they might of replaced the seals, but they leaked as soon as i got them back.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
If you check with angryasian on the web, he will be able to tell you whether you can put 2 lower bushes in each leg and make them really stiff, I know you could do this with other RS models.
You can fit the Hallite seals yourself if you are careful removing the standard grey seals and replace the oil at the same time. Very simple fork to work on.

i must be lucky then. from the sound of all you guys there are only a few people that had no leaky psylo's, well at least after the initial bedding in. mine leaked a bit at the start but stopped after about a weeks riding.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fastrider gus said:
wanna know how to fix 'em???
bin job mate.. chuck 'em.

totally agree
i think its a love or hate relationship with these forks

from 4 friends who ride these forks each one has had cronic problems
at some stage

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RaID- yeh but what type of riding did those friends of yours do on the forks, coz there not designed to take huge drops (6-8ft), or stuff like that. there en eduro fork. so if you take them of drops and abuse them like that then of corse there goin to f**k up.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Mine have been pretty good, they weep a little from the spring side seal, but nothing to get up tight about. I'm pretty happy with them, I run them at minimum travel at the moment and they seem to be taking my botched landings pretty well.

Aldo

Likes Bikes
single crown forks aren't built for hucking period.
i do a little bit downhilling and dirt jumping on my 02
pyslo's, I've only had to replace seals in mine
no leaks nothing. but i am lucky enough to have 3 bikes !
xc , dirt jumper and dh rig :D :D

fastrider gus

super huck
yea sorry ty.. that was a bit rough.. what i should have said is that all the psylo's i've seen havent lasted very well... im not a big fan..

Doogs

Likes Bikes
I just got some hallite seals. they have a part nuber on them:46047

they are a bloody tight fit.
OD:40
ID:30
height:6
it's a single action, single lip seal.
it looks most like '601' on http://www.hallite.com.au/pages/products/products_frame.asp
or even a '25'
they are blue. what seals did anyone else get. or are these all sweet, but need a shitload of time to bed in?

i dont wanna hear any BS about dredgeing up threads either. if i made a new one you would cry. so go and get farked ;)